Staff Psychiatrist: Oregon State University Student Health Services
The Student Health Services Department at Oregon State University is seeking three (3) Staff Psychiatrist. We are looking to fill two full-time 9-month position (1.0 FTE), and one part-time 12-month (.50 FTE) position. All positions are fixed-term professional faculty positions.
The Student Health Services (SHS) mission is to provide leadership for the health of the University community. This position contributes to the mission of SHS through teamwork and collaboration, participates in organizational committees, provides University outreach, and strives to contribute to the academic success of OSU students.
The Staff Psychiatrist at Student Health Services (SHS) provides independent psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, management, and/or referral of patients presenting for care at SHS. Additionally, the Staff Psychiatrist contributes to the mission of SHS through teamwork and collaboration, participates in organizational committees, provides University outreach, and strives to contribute to the academic success of OSU students. The Staff Psychiatrist reports to the SHS Medical Director.
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic (D.O.)
- License, in good standing, to practice medicine, with the ability to have an Oregon medical license by start date.
- Psychiatry board eligibility.
- Current DEA certification.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal History Check and be determined to be position qualified as per OAR 576-055-0000 et seq.
- Psychiatry board certification.
- Minimum of three years post residency experience practicing general or adolescent psychiatry.
- Previous experience practicing psychiatry in the college health environment.
About OSU Student Health:
OSU Student Health Services employs a team of highly qualified clinicians, health educators and other health professionals who are dedicated to improving and maintaining the wellness of the entire OSU community. These caring individuals appreciate the unique environment of a university campus. They find it stimulating to work with people like college students who are eager to become equal partners in their health care and who are, in most instances, motivated to learn what they can do to stay well. Student Health Services provides campus-wide comprehensive primary health care, disease prevention and treatment services, and extensive health promotion for all OSU students.
About Oregon State University:
Oregon State University is a leading research university located in one of the safest, smartest, greenest small cities in the nation. Situated 90 miles south of Portland, and an hour from the Cascades or the Pacific Coast, Corvallis is the perfect home base for exploring Oregon’s natural wonders.
OSU is committed to a culture of civility, respect, and inclusivity. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, OSU values diversity in our faculty and staff regardless of their self-identity; to that end, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, women, LGBTQ community members, and others who share our vision of an inclusive community.
For complete requirements and position description, see announcement and apply at http://jobs.oregonstate.edu;
- Full-time 9month positions: posting # P04014UF. Apply by 12/4/2020.
- Part-time 12month position: posting # P04015UF. Apply by 12/4/2020.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by December 4, 2020. Applications will continue to be accepted after the full consideration date, until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. The final closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.