Coordinator - Career Experiences & Communications
Provide assistance with all major career experience related programming through the WCPE including the internship program, career fairs, and workshops/classroom presentations. Also responsible for supporting all essential WCPE marketing, communication and branding efforts.
1. Manage and provide logistical support for Internship
2. Provide assistance with all major career experience related events such as career fairs including: planning, marketing, venue set up/breakdown, event logistics, invoicing, hosting, catering staffing, answering questions, etc.
3. Research vendors for event-related purchases (thank you gifts, table/chair rental, table covers, etc.) and makes financial recommendations on contracts and event-related purchases (catering, programs, venue fees, etc.)
4. Manage evaluation and assessment process: creates/updates survey instruments, compiles data and initial analyses, and applies results to future career experience related events.
5. Support WCPE marketing, communication and branding efforts to students, employers, alumni, faculty and staff through available technologies including Handshake and social media
6. Assist with all other WCPE career related events on and off campus where needed
7. Review vendors and coordinate event, career and employer related purchases
8. Assist in the development of external employer relationships for student and alumni recruitment purposes
9. Manage and approve content for Centers web page
10. Coordinate and provide support for budget related to concentration area
11. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous improvement
12. Support mission, vision and values
1. Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Business or related
2. One to two plus years of marketing and event planning experience
3. Proficient technology skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, career management systems (ex: Handshake) and familiarity with web content software programming
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
5. Exceptional detail orientation
6. Familiarity with Grant Writing
7. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a contributing team member
8. Understanding of higher education, particularly private liberal arts university
9. Must be flexible and be able to multi-task
10. Ability to work effectively with faculty, administrators, staff, students and outside constituents at all levels
11. Must be dedicated to maintaining and improving the image of the university and the WCPE
Please provide contact information for three references in the required “Other” document.
Elmhurst University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the University ’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elmhurst
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elmhurst
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elmhurst
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elmhurst
- Career Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elmhurst