Anesthesia Assistant (Certified Anesthesiology Assistant)
The Department of Ambulatory Operations: Hospital Based Services is seeking qualified Certified Anesthesia Assistant candidates to provide services at a small boutique, 9-year old, community Hospital doing predominantly Ortho, OB/GYN, urology, podiatry, ENT, general surgery, and GI cases. There are 4 Operating rooms, GI lab, Cath Lab, and OB. The facility has a Level 4 Trauma designation with no hearts, craniotomies, transplant, or pediatrics.
- Administers all forms of anesthesia including inhaled, intravenous, neuraxial, and regional, for surgical or medical procedures.
- Assesses and evaluates patients prior to the administration of anesthesia in order to formulate anesthetic plan.
- Inserts and uses invasive and noninvasive monitors, as indicated.
- Responds to emergency/code situations in order to provide airway management.
- Documents anesthetic information and patient condition.
- Bachelor's degree and completion of an Anesthesiology Assistant training program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- No experience required.
- Current Certification by the National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assistants (NCCAA)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification. ACLS/PALS card required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.