Part-Time Instructor, Healthcare-Corporate College
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
It is the responsibility of the teaching positions to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
Part-time CC Instructors are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the College. Lone Star College accepts applications year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Part-time Instructor hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaches courses in healthcare areas at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs, making continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Uses a syllabus for each course or laboratory within college and departmental guidelines. Works with Instructional Designers to develop courses.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress in the course. Identifies and assesses students who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives.
- May work directly with certification agencies to ensure alignment and high level of program and student success.
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be fully skilled in all areas of venipunctures (ETS, Butterfly, Syringe) and capillary punctures both finger and heel sticks
- Excellent computer and organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mastery of course content
- Strong leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with a wide variety of people at various levels
- Commitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly, to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Ability to push, pull, squat, turn, twist, bend, and stoop as needed. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE & CONDITIONS:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment. Equipment generally associated with this area of healthcare.
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office, classroom and/or medical lab environment with exposure to safety hazards typical in the medical industry
- Must meet current licensing board requirements where applicable, including any required Licensing Board certifications as required for specific course(s) taught
- RN or LVN
- Operation Room Certificate
$43.75 per contact hour.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan, professional development opportunities and more.
All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah