Adjunct Instructor - Electrical Service Technology
Position Title: Adjunct Instructor - Electrical Service Technology
Salary: Class/lecture - $53.96; Lab/practicum - $45.66
- Four years work experience with the operations, maintenance and repair of industrial control systems, and/or Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology.
- Experience with training or classroom teaching preferred.
The School of STEM Career at MVCC invites applications for Adjunct Instructors of Electrical Service Technology courses. Teaching faculty at MVCC have the primary responsibility of fulfilling the College's mission of providing high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students.
Adjunct faculty members teach contracted classes in accordance with established policies, guidelines, and learning outcomes. Lectures and labs may be taught in traditional classroom settings, virtually, or a combination. This position may include both daytime and evening classes.
Major Responsibilities :
- Facilitate classroom instruction;
- Teach assigned class in accordance with the learning objectives;
- Develop and maintain syllabus materials;
- Evaluate student performance;
- Maintain grades, enter midterm and final grades;
- Respond promptly to student inquiries;
- Maintain attendance records according to MVCC standards;
- Integrate current and emerging instructional delivery technologies into the learning process;
- Maintain professional standards that protect student confidentiality;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using discretion, patience, and courtesy.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 1/19/2021
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.