Haverford College seeks to hire a full time (40 hours per week), non-exempt, benefit eligible Groundskeeper. The Groundskeeper is responsible for landscape maintenance operations, including all elements of lawns, walks and roadways. Minor hardscape repairs, maintenance of secondary areas, etc.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
Able to performs manual labor such as litter pick-up and trash removal, cleaning of storm drains and curbs, raking and removal of leaves, removal of snow and the application of ice control materials, set up chairs and bleachers for special events, clearing brush.
Able to operate basic power equipment and tools, such as small tractors, lawn mowers, string trimmers, edger, leaf blowers, wood chipper, walk-behind blowers, and chain saws.
Apply fertilizers by hand and push spreader.
Assist in turf renovation and repair
Other duties as assigned
Line of Report: Reports to Grounds Manager
Education, Training, & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to follow oral and written directions in English
At least two years of experience in Grounds Maintenance
Ability to interact with campus community in a positive manner
- Possession of a valid U.S. Drivers' License and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record Check
- Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 Child Abuse Clearances (completed and submitted clearances to the Office of Human Resources are required before first day of employment, or start date may be delayed)
- This position is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during periods of inclement weather when the College is closed for a weather emergency.
- Possession of a current Pesticide License (proof of licensure will be required of the final candidate prior to hire)
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds)Three to six hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):Three to six hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):Three to six hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction:Three to six hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction):Three to six hoursCarrying (to hold objects while moving entire body):Three to six hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body):Three to six hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position):Three to six hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position):Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees):Three to six hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully
flexing knees):Three to six hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground):Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders,
scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces):Up to three
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Three to six hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Three to six hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Six to eight hours
To Apply : Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Groundskeeper_R272 . The application deadline is Friday, December 4, 2020.Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. Haverford has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the curriculum, classrooms, and communal composition of the College. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will foster their contribution to the College's educational mission.