Wellness Center Support Specialist
The Booth Wellness Center at Dixie State University is looking for a full-time Support Specialist to join our team. This position reports directly to the Center Director and supports operations by maintaining office systems and services through organizing office personnel, operations and procedures. This position is also responsible for controlling center correspondence, maintaining an organization of filing systems, reviewing and maintaining center supplies, and supervising all front office staff. This position would be a functional backup to the front desk receptionist position, as needed. Information about the Center can be found online at https://wellness.dixie.edu/ .
- Oversee front office staff and procedures; coordinate initial and ongoing training of front desk employees. Facilitate ongoing assessment and ensure department objectives are met, including evaluation of employees and setting annual goals.
- Coordinate scheduling of front office staff and other Center staff as assigned; keep management informed by reviewing work and tenor of center employees.
- Define and enforce procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records (in collaboration with Center Director).
- Work with the Director and Outreach Coordinator to develop and implement an annual Outreach strategy that results in increased clients served.
- Collaborate with Outreach Coordinator to ensure event logistics, including promotion, registration, coordination, sales, follow-up, and survey of attendees.
- Work with the Director on developing strategies to support professional development of staff and expansion of services offered.
- Achieve financial objectives by reviewing expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions where needed.
- Answer incoming phone calls and redirect them to the necessary party; record complaints, problems, and queries while providing suitable answers and assistance.
- Present information to campus entities around wellness and center services in various settings, including classrooms, outreach activities, and workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (or equivalent level of college coursework) required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two years’ related office operations experience required; experience as a front-desk receptionist in a medical or mental health clinic preferred.
- Comfortable working in a medical and mental health services environment, with good knowledge of FERPA, HIPAA, and state laws about confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and administrative support skills, with working knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Trained in the use of electronic health records systems or willing to learn such a system; must be comfortable in use of digital, print, and analog communication channels.
- Detail-oriented, with an ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to manage events and marketing within budget constraints.
- Strong written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; experience and proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Possess good customer service and coordination skills. Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently; effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and take a proactive approach to problem-solving.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time 10-month (0.83 FTE) classified staff position (overtime-eligible), paid over 12 months (contract time given to use during summer). Annual salary of $30,000+, depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of January 2021. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins December 3 , 2020 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George