Project Manager, Florida NextGen Test Bed
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is contracted by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to lead NextGen projects related to research, prototype, development and demonstrations at the Florida NextGen Test Bed (FTB). The FTB is an agile research and integration facility designed to allow government, industry, and academia to showcase their ideas and technologies in a NextGen National Airspace System (NAS) environment. The projects consist of a diverse group of people from FAA, industry and academia. The projects span exploration of the entire National Airspace System (NAS) to include Commercial Space Operations, Flight Standards validation, 4-Dimensional Trajectory Based Operations, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), leveraging cloud based technologies, current NAS systems (weather, surface, enroute, oceanic) and technologies, as well as new NextGen domestic and international technologies.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple complex projects throughout the project lifecycle. Activities include planning and scheduling project deliverables, goals and milestones; defining resources and schedule for project implementation; creating strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning; efficiently identifying and solving project issues; and developing and maintaining a strong rapport and working relationship with customers, subcontractors, and other team member. The Project Manager will lead and organize critical stakeholder meetings throughout the project lifecycle including technical interchange meetings (TIMs), project management reviews PMRs), design reviews, and engineering checkpoint meetings. Some of these meetings may require travel to Washington, D.C. or other domestic locations. The ideal candidate will have strong technical report writing and reviewing skills to design and maintain key documentation for the projects, participate in the review process for conference papers, and to prepare professional briefings to FAA leadership.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in project management and support the continued development of internal project management related processes and participate in mentoring project support staff. The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with the aviation industry, good organization skills, some technical expertise and the ability to be creative, flexible and agile to lead projects that demonstrate evolving concepts. The ideal candidate will continue to grow their skills and expertise, supported by the university, via certifications, professional education, memberships, workshops, and attendance to conferences relevant to project material or professional growth. This includes access to tuition free university classes and degrees for the candidate and family. Finally, short domestic trips will be necessary over the project lifecycle and limited international trips may also be necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business, or Technical Related Field.
- PMP Certification, or must obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
- Solid understanding of National Airspace Systems (NAS) systems and concepts.
- Works well individually or in a group setting.
- Effectively directs employees and subcontractors.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Successfully presents project and technical information.
- Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user applications.
- Very adept in using Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Project, and project related tools.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in National Airspace System (NAS) technologies and/or operations preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ of project management or IT Management preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience coordinating and/supporting project related business processes.
- FAA NextGen program experience highly desired.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach