Student Success Coach
Fairfield University seeks a Student Success Coach who will apply knowledge of best practices guiding and mentoring adult online learners. In the true spirit of a Jesuit value, Cura Personalis or care of the whole person, the role of the Student Success Counselor is to act as a resource to graduate students in regard to personal, educational, and professional goals. This person will collaborate with offices across the institution.
Additionally, the Student Success Coach will collaborate will be a contributing member to the University’s digital strategy and online learning team. Reporting the Vice President, Digital Strategy and Online Learning, the Student Success Coach will have a demonstrated ability to work independently and self-manage their student case load.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Act as a personal guide and resource for graduate students,
from admittance to graduation including transition back to college,
orientation, course planning and registration, academic
achievement, campus and community engagement, and wellness. Help
students overcome challenges and grow.
- As part of a campus team supporting online graduate students,
utilize life coaching, motivational, and support strategies to
engage a caseload of approximately 75 students and propel each
student to graduation, a good living, and a good life.
- Coordinate regular communications, meetings, and status updates
- Maintain close tracking of student progress on their pathway and timely reports on caseload management.
- Be an active, engaged supporter of each assigned student
inclusive of being present at significant student-centered
- Exemplify qualities such as collaboration, creativity,
flexibility, timeliness, professionalism, with a strong commitment
- Lead and facilitate clear and professional communication with
internal and external team members in a variety of contexts,
including email discussions, conference calls, and face-to-face and
- Act as a source of best practices in the field of guiding and mentoring adult learners.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Will have 1- 3 years of related experience.
- Familiarity with current trends and developments in higher education
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree or other post-graduate education
President - Admin
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org