Part-Time Instructor, Urban Forestry
Mid-State Technical College is establishing a pool of qualified, part-time instructor candidates to teach various courses in the Urban Forestry program. The part-time instructor pool is used to select part-time instructors that most closely meet the needs for particular courses and assignments.
Part-time instructors are hired on a per course basis. The total hours for a part-time instructor can range from approximately 3 hours per week to no more than 17.5 hours per week. Location may vary among the Wisconsin Rapids, Stevens Point, Marshfield, and Adams campuses. Work hours may vary from a traditional daytime schedule and can include both day and evening classes. Courses may be taught in both a classroom setting and/or a general lab setting.
This pool will close in early 2022. If you are not contacted by this time and you are still interested in employment with Mid-State, you are welcome to apply for future employment postings.
Duties & Responsibilities
Plan, prepare, and deliver instruction of assigned courses using a variety of teaching methods to facilitate the learning of students. Depending on program/discipline, courses may be taught in the classroom, lab/shop, outdoor locations, clinical sites, and/or online and may include day and/or evening classes.
Responsible for the development, updating, revision, and maintenance of program/discipline curriculum and instructional materials.
Responsible for classroom management including maintaining accurate student attendance and grade reports as well as maintaining a clean, organized environment with an emphasis on safety.
Responsible for the assessment, documentation, and enhancement of student learning by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting attainment of learning outcomes; and related records maintenance.
Establish and maintain positive, professional, and collaborative relationships with internal and external partners including co-workers, employers, area high schools, and professional organizations.
Maintain professional/technical knowledge and skills including currency in assigned discipline, required occupational certification/licensing, and instructional technology/delivery methods.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in related and appropriate field – OR – Bachelor’s Degree equivalent based on verified work experience in the occupation combined with appropriate education and training totaling 7 years (14,000 hours); Master’s Degree preferred.
2 years (4,000 hours) of recent, related occupational experience outside the field of education.
Prior teaching experience preferred, but not required.
Must be able to demonstrate good organizational skills, positive interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills in educating adult learners.
Must embrace Mid-State’s “core values” of student centeredness, commitment, accountability, respect, integrity, and exceptional service.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
There are no benefits associated with this position.
How To Apply
To be considered for future part-time instructor opportunities, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and/or transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting 'See Resume' will not be considered.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325 .
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers and operating systems are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9
Internet Explorer 10, 11 (Only when used with Windows 7 or 8)
Safari 5 for Windows
Supported Operating Systems
Windows XP, 7(32-bit), 7(64-bit)
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5351 .
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Wisconsin Rapids
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Wisconsin Rapids
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Part Time jobs in Wisconsin Rapids
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Wisconsin Rapids
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Wisconsin Rapids