Transcript Analyst 2 - (STA006652)
Under minimal supervision, analyzes and evaluates transcripts from colleges, universities and military course work to identify transferable course credits.
- Reviews and makes decisions on course credits from other domestic and/or international colleges and universities and military course credits to be transferred to UH. Corresponds with officials at other institutions of higher education concerning course credits and content comparability.
- Advises students and university staff and faculty about course credit transfers and gaps.
- Reviews existing evaluation guides and equivalency tables to identify inconsistent catalog language and provides feedback to Lead Transcript Analyst(s).
- Prepares articulation guides for Texas community colleges and universities.
- May assist in the training and supervision of Transcript Analyst 1 and/or student workers.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) years of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.
Experience will not be considered in lieu of education. Education will not be considered in lieu of experience.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following :
- Higher Education experience.
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, exercise excellent judgment, demonstrate critical thinking skills and adapt to shifting priorities in diverse setting.
- Ability to clearly interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
The following documents are required:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been completed.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.