Administrative Associate II, Curry Health Center Administration
The Health Center Administration invites applications for an Administrative Associate II to join their team. The individual assigned to this position is required to have outstanding customer service skills. This role holds a key position in the Medical Office, which assumes responsibility for the following essential duties:
- Greeting/welcoming incoming patients
- Scheduling appointments
- Processing patient information
- Managing the reception windows
- Answering and directing telephone calls
- Placing and releasing health holds in BANNER for all incoming students
The employee assigned to this position must have the ability to multitask and to work well in an organized team setting with a wide variety of people. The person in this role must also have exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills when dealing with a diverse patient population for appointment scheduling, dissemination of information in regard to available services and patient flow
- Knowledge of patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with State, Federal, HIPAA statutes
- Knowledge of computer functions; BANNER and practice management, electronic medical record, immunization compliance monitor, etc.
- Skill to conduct computer transactions; make appointments, make changes in provider schedules, generate EMR notes for patient messages and prescription refill requests, proficient keyboarding skills
- Knowledge and skill to process on BANNER program on all new and returning students’ Medical Requirements Forms as required by the University of Montana and Montana state laws
- Data entry of this information into BANNER and the immunization compliance monitor following CHC policies and procedures
- Mentoring new Medical Reception personnel; teaching, training in specific tasks
- Ability to work as a team with CHC Medical Office and Medical Clinic staff and other CHC departments. This includes working both the reception window and the phone call/appointment desk
- Knowledge of electronic health records; filing and office organization
- Working knowledge of CHC policies and procedures including to Medical Clinic staff support; confidentiality and HIPAA regulations
- Assist with patient care surveys, time studies, patient flow studies and CHC policy and procedure development
- Working knowledge and ability to use office equipment; head phones, multi line phones, copiers, fax machines, scanners and printers
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Outlook as well as thorough knowledge of programs particular to both the University and CHC
- This position will be proficient at each of medical reception positions and be required to have flexibility to cover these positions as well as working independently on Saturdays as needed
- Physical ability to:
- Long periods of standing or sitting
- Repetitive keyboarding
- Repetitive stapling
- Repetitive filing &file retrieval
- Repetitive opening of envelopes
- Repetitive scanning
- Walking moderate distances (500 feet)
- Lifting up to 30 pounds on occasion
Minimum Required Experience
- The person assigned to this position must possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma (or equivalency), as well as at least one (1) year of professional experience working in a medical reception area; or any combination of experience and education that would provide the competencies required to successfully discharge the essential duties assigned to this position.
- Curry Health Center (CHC) strongly encourages all employees to be current with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations on immunizations for Health Care Worker (HCW). This will ensure a safe work environment for our employees as well as our patients. The employees who have not been vaccinated will not be able to work if an outbreak occurs.
- Degree in Medical Information Technology from an accredited university or college
About the Curry Health Center and UM
Curry Health Center is the primary health care provider for the students of the University of Montana. We fulfill our campus role of promoting student success by:
- Providing direct health care to students
- Enhancing personal health and development
- Supporting the campus community through education and public health activities
- Providing a variety of learning opportunities for students
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Admin Associate II
Position Number: 180090
Department: Curry Health Center Administration
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year, may be asked to work the occasional weekend.
Salary: $12.42/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Sunday, December 6, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Other Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner