Auditor II, Internal Audit Office
The Internal Audit Office invites applications for an Auditor II to join their team. The individual assigned to this position must possess particular knowledge, skills and abilities to meet professional standards. These include a high level of professionalism, excellent analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills.
The person assigned to this position will perform the following tasks independently:
- Perform financial, compliance and operational audits
- Thoroughly review documentation supporting audit findings for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors’ Internal Professional Practices Framework
- Perform follow-up reviews to ensure that audit recommendations were implemented by the agreed-upon due dates
- Act as liaison with all external audit agencies, as needed
Theoretical knowledge, direct experience and training as well as extensive knowledge of the work environment of the different entities operating within the University of Montana and its affiliates is required for this position. This position may oversee and coach the work completed by junior or staff auditors, however the person assigned to this position is not responsible for the management or supervision of classified staff members or contract professional employees.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of all relevant University of Montana policies and procedures.
- Exceptional communication skills (including both verbal and written communications)
- In-depth knowledge of auditing standards with the ability to apply them effectively in a variety of situations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed ability to work productively and cooperatively within a collaborative team setting
- Strong ability to work efficiently and productively individually
- Willingness and ability to learn new applications
- Demonstrates a strong sense of integrity and reliability
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to form highly functional professional relationships with a wide variety of individuals throughout campus
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a directly related field, as well as at least two (2) years of professional experience working within a business, financial, or auditing setting; or any combination of experience and education that would provide the competencies required to successfully discharge the essential duties assigned to this position.
- Master’s degree in a related field and professional certifications (e.g. Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Accountant)
About the Internal Audit Office and UM
Internal Audit provides an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value to and improve the operations of the University of Montana.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Auditor II
Position Number: 002280
Department: Internal Audit Office
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $24.063/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: None
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, December 13, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular