Budget Analyst IV, Curry Health Center Administration
The Health Center Administration invites applications for a Budget Analyst IV to join their team. The individual assigned to this position oversees the business operations of Curry Health Center (CHC). The employee in this position will be responsible for CHC’s budget. This responsibility entails budgeting for the entire health clinic (including the various departments within CHC, which include the Medical Clinic, Counseling Clinic, Dental Clinic and the Wellness Department). This role will also determine budgets for each department, as well as continue to evaluate the best funding model for CHC. The individual assigned to this position will recommend refinements to processes and reporting needs, and implement changes in collaboration with the CHC Management Team. This position will be expected to develop and manage financial contracts and memorandums of understanding with other UM departments, purveyors and third-party vendors. This role requires the incumbent to apply budgeting and accounting theory to various problems, by using analytical, evaluative, or interpretive processes and independent problem-solving skills.
This position will also be responsible for maintaining the facility that houses CHC (including all repair and renovation projects, major equipment purchases, small and large equipment inventory management, and capital projects). The person occupying this position will oversee the custodial staff who are charged with cleaning and maintaining the facility.
The person assigned to this position serves as an active member of the CHC’s Management Team. As part of the Management Team, the individual in this position will write and contribute to CHC’s policies and procedures, strategic planning, marketing planning, and facilities master planning. This employee will manage the student insurance department, CHC facilities staff and the purchasing agent. The individual assigned to this position will be responsible for staffing these departments, handling any personal issues as they arise, and be responsible for pay and employment relationships with the employees of these departments.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of a medical clinic budget, CHC’s Electronic Health Record (Medicat) and other computer interfaces, BANNER systems, and for building maintenance including fire drills and building inspections.
- Expert in Excel
- The ability to react quickly to changing business circumstances
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientation and advanced organizational skills
- The ability to learn Medicat (the electronic health record)
- Professional upper management, supervisory, and training experience
- The ability to envision, develop, and implement complex financial models, reports, projections, strategies, and business plans
- The ability to effectively and professionally communicate with a diverse group of internal and external customers and business partners
- Advanced conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, time accounting software
- Working knowledge of electronic health records
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience to carry out the duties of the position
- 3 years-experience working in a health care facility (medical, counseling or dental)
- 3 years-experience working developing a budget
- 2 years-experience with billing medical insurance
- Master’s in Business Administration or Health Care Administration
- Work within a college health system
About the Curry Health Center and UM
Curry Health Center is the primary health care provider for the students of the University of Montana.
We fulfill our campus role of promoting student success by:
- Providing direct health care to students
- Enhancing personal health and development
- Supporting the campus community through education and public health activities
- Providing a variety of learning opportunities for students
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
The University of Montana is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity as a core value. We support equal access and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. This position is eligible for veterans' and disabilities preference in accordance with Montana State Law.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Budget Analyst IV
Position Number: 113650
Department: Health Center Administration
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $27.563/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Sunday, January 17, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner