INTERNAL COMMUNICATION CONTENT SPECIALIST
INTERNAL COMMUNICATION CONTENT SPECIALIST
Posting Number: SRGV4754
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Department: University Marketing and Communications
Scope of Job:
To manage and implement the university's internal communication efforts or key messages across multiple platforms in order to build a more robust internal communications landscape, while supporting the University's communication and marketing goals. Responsible for administering communication strategies in an effort to disseminate university information to designated internal audiences.
Description of Duties:
• Develops, creates and executes the internal communications content/story development strategy and associated implementation for initiatives in order to help build the UTRGV brand of excellence and University community pride.
• Plans, develops and creates high quality, compelling internal communications pieces at the university-wide level, for a variety of channels such as: email, presentations, live events, videos, websites, social media.
• Develops strong relationships with UTRGV employees and colleagues at all levels to uncover opportunities to showcase their knowledge, important achievements, and special announcements for a wider internal audience.
• Serves as editor for copy written by other members of the internal communications team.
• Works with other university departments on assigned projects/requests or initiatives to help plan and deliver specific key messages to targeted audiences.
• Measures the success of specific communications and makes recommendations for future communications to improve effectiveness or increase reach.
• May evaluate and recommend implementation of communications-related tools used by the area.
• Edits and proofs content for style, technical accuracy, completeness and consistency of brand message and tone across all touch points.
• Drafts, reviews, and edits messages to ensure that they are clear, thorough, on-brand, and seek to preserve the university’s reputation.
• Manages the internal communications content library, uploading new items and updating items as necessary to ensure continued accuracy and relevancy.
• Researches current trends that can be implemented strategically by UMC to reach its goals.
• Utilizes analytics reports to provide direction concerning improvement of visibility and reach for management use.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or a closely related field from an accredited university.
Two (2) years of related experience.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Understanding of various styles of writing including promotional writing. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Aptitude for building and flourishing internal relationships. Strong customer service. High standard of professionalism while collaborating with colleagues. Exceptional writing and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/16/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26453