ASSISTANT PROFESSOR--POLITICAL SCIENCE
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR—POLITICAL SCIENCE
OUR LADY OF THE LAKE UNIVERSITY
The Political Science Program seeks a full-time Assistant Professor, non-tenure track, whose specializations span diverse areas of American Politics and Government, and who will complement existing strengths in political science and interests across the university.
Department: Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio, Texas
The College of Arts and Sciences of Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU), website: www.ollusa.edu seeks a full-time, non-tenure-track assistant professor for its Political Science Program to begin in the fall of 2021. OLLU, located near beautiful downtown San Antonio, is a Catholic university sponsored by the Congregation of Divine Providence. The University is a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) of approximately 3,100 students with additional campuses in Houston and the Rio Grande Valley. The Political Science Program offers a BA and minor and also serves the University by offering distribution requirements in its general-education program. The successful candidate will be committed to the mission of OLLU, to excellent teaching, and to developing this Program.
- Demonstrated evidence of excellence and effectiveness in teaching with a student-centered approach;
- Utilization of high-impact practices such as service-learning and experiential learning, and use of innovative pedagogy;
- Active research agenda and potential for research publication;
- Enthusiasm for connecting political science to Hispanic experience(s) and first-generation college students, both majors and non-majors, and deep commitment to the mission and character of the University; and
- PhD in Political Science or J.D./Ph.D.
- Specialization in American politics and government, judicial and constitutional studies, local and state politics, political communication and media, public policy/public administration;
- Experience with and commitment to mentoring students; and
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, urban population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution.
For consideration, apply online at https://ollusa.interviewexchange.com. Please complete the online Application for Academic Employment and attach the following: letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial copies of all graduate transcripts, and a list of three professional references. All materials above must be submitted together and at one time. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue through November 24, 2020.
Applicants may contact Dr. Leda Barnett, Professor and Political Science Program Head, College of Arts and Sciences, at email@example.com with questions regarding the position, the Program, or Our Lady of the Lake University.
Employment with Our Lady of the Lake University is contingent upon a background investigation.
OLLU is a Catholic university that seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff, and administrators. OLLU is committed to diversity and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities. EOE.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Antonio
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Antonio
- Political Science & International Relations Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Antonio