Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
About Our Lady of the Lake University:
On the foundation of faith, wisdom and trust in Providence, Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) prepares graduates to transform their communities, families and professions. OLLU, founded in 1895 by the Congregation of Divine Providence, is a coeducational comprehensive institution with an enrollment of more than 3,100 students. With its main residential campus in San Antonio and non-traditional programs in San Antonio, Houston, the Rio Grande Valley (La Feria), and online, OLLU has a presence in two of the largest cities in Texas, the border region, and literally around the world. The University offers more than 30 undergraduate majors and minors, 14 master's programs and three doctoral programs through its College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and Leadership, and the College of Professional Studies. OLLU offers classes in daytime, evening, weekend and online formats.
The Department of Mathematics & Sciences at Our Lady of the Lake University seeks a full-time, non-tenure track, Assistant Professor of Kinesiology for our main campus in San Antonio, TX to begin in the 2021 fall semester. The Kinesiology program is vibrant, currently serving almost 150 majors, and prides itself on its campus-wide recognition of our student-centered approach to teaching, engagement in community service, and scholarly activity. The Kinesiology program takes a cross-disciplinary approach and thus requires a broad core for all students. Our Kinesiology Laboratory is a teaching/research laboratory space including equipment for exercise physiology, biomechanics, exercise testing and prescription, and motor learning/sport psychology laboratories.
Responsibilities: We are seeking an energetic and collaborative individual to join our team to complement and strengthen existing expertise and experience. Specific duties of the position include:
- Teach courses at the undergraduate level in the areas of Biomechanics, Motor Learning, Motor Development, Musculoskeletal Anatomy, Wellness Lifestyle, and Foundations of Kinesiology utilizing high impact pedagogy such as active learning or project-based learning.
- Additional teaching assignments may include collaborative classes with the English Department including, Sports Writing and Sports Media.
- Engage in an active line of scholarship that will include participation of undergraduate students.
In addition to teaching, all faculty will be expected to:
- Advise our undergraduate kinesiology students,
- Serve in roles for departmental administrative and/or committee work,
- Serve on campus-wide committee responsibilities, and
- Provide service to the greater community surrounding OLLU.
The majority of our courses are offered in a face-to-face format, but some hybrid and online course offerings exist.
- Clear evidence of utilizing active learning or project-based learning for effective teaching
- Clear evidence of supporting undergraduate student research and an active scholarship agenda.
- Doctorate Degree in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Biomechanics, Motor Learning, or related field.
- Experience with quantitative research methods strongly preferred.
- For questions about the position contact: Dr. Alexander Hutchison, Kinesiology Program Head at email@example.com.
- OLLU seeks to attract, develop and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administrators. The University is committed to diversity and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.
- Employment with Our Lady of the Lake University is contingent upon the applicant undergoing a background investigation.
- Our Lady of the Lake University uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-VerifyApplication Instructions Please complete the online Application for Academic Employment and attach the following.
- Letter of Interest denoting position for which applying.
- Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of all transcripts reflecting receipt of terminal degree in discipline for which applying.
- Three letters of reference.
For consideration for Academic Employment, all materials above must be submitted together and at one time.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Antonio
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Antonio
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Antonio