Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty Positions in Community Health (Assistant and Associate Professor)
The Arizona State University (ASU) Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation invites applications for several tenured/tenure track faculty positions at the assistant or associate levels. We are seeking applicants working in a community health (broadly defined) including health promotion and disease prevention, community intervention with vulnerable populations, family caregiving, maternal child health, cancer, sleep, obesity, biobehavioral approaches, the microbiome, large datasets, intervention innovations and entrepreneurship, and mHealth and other technologies.
Applicants must have an earned, research-focused doctorate degree in nursing or another health-related field (i.e., community health, exercise science/physical activity, nutrition, public health, integrative health, preventive medicine, psychology, or other related field). Applicants must also have a record of scholarly productivity, extramural funding or a strong potential for extramural funding, and teaching/mentoring experience as appropriate to the rank.
Edson College is part of a vibrant and diverse research, education, and practice community at ASU, which was named this year by U.S. News and World Report for the sixth year in a row as #1 in Innovation among all universities in the United States. Edson College offers a rich interprofessional research and teaching environment with a unique and growing transdisciplinary PhD program and research centers encompassing health promotion and disease prevention; interprofessional practice, education, and research; and aging. Our Edson College faculty collaborate across professions, other colleges, and universities and have current or recent funding from NIH, PCORI, the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education, HRSA, the Veterans Administration, the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation, and several other local, regional, and national organizations. Edson College faculty also collaborate with a wide-ranging group of community and healthcare organizations to improve the economic, social, and cultural health and vitality of shared local, state, national, and global communities. Examples of these organizations Include Mayo Clinic, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Banner Health, Dignity Health, HonorHealth, and the VA Medical Center. Competitive applications and letters of interest will provide evidence (e.g., published research, professional presentations, grants and grant applications, teaching evaluations, teaching/mentoring experiences, etc.) related to the minimum and desired qualifications outlined below.
Competitive applications and letters of interest will provide evidence (e.g., published research, professional presentations, grants and grant applications, teaching evaluations, teaching/mentoring experiences, etc.) related to the minimum and desired qualifications outlined below.
Minimum Qualifications will include the following:
- PhD or similar degree in nursing or health-related research area from an accredited university.
- For early-career faculty, evidence of an emerging program of research and scholarship through peer-reviewed, high-quality publications, and potential for securing extramurally funded research.
- For senior faculty, an established program of research as evidenced by extramurally funded research and peer-reviewed, high-quality publications/dissemination activities.
- For applicants having a degree in nursing, eligibility for entry-level licensure in Arizona; must provide evidence/receipt of an Arizona Registered Nurse license prior to first day of employment. NOTE: This does not apply for applicants who are not Registered Nurses.
- For early-career faculty, postdoctoral training.
- A strong and sustained record of extramurally funded research, publication, dissemination, and collaboration.
- Experience as an effective teacher in the classroom, laboratory, or field sites.
- Experience as a research mentor to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Active involvement in professional organizations.
- Professional leadership within local, regional, national, and international groups.
Application Deadline and Procedure:
Review of applications begins December 7, 2020. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled. Early applications are encouraged. A criminal and employment history background check will be performed prior to the employment offer.
Please apply by submitting:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume
- Names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references
- Diversity Statement: Please submit a 1-page statement addressing how your past and/or your potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion will advance Edson’s commitment to inclusive excellence. Please focus on your activities related to research/scholarship, teaching, service or other work related to this position.
Application material will be accepted through the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/81076
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Nursing Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix