Vice President of Human Resources and Title IX
Vice President of Human Resources and Title IX
Presbyterian College is experiencing an unparalleled season of renewal and growth and seeks an exceptional leader to serve as their Vice President of Human Resources and Title IX. This role will work collaboratively with the faculty and staff to advance the reputation of PC and continue its rich 140-year legacy as one of the best small colleges in America.
Presbyterian College is located in Clinton, South Carolina, a rural community in Laurens County that is approximately 40 miles from Greenville, 30 miles from Spartanburg, and 60 miles from Columbia – three urban centers in the state. The college remains in covenant relationship with the Synod of the South Atlantic, part of the Presbyterian Church USA and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges of Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). PC is known for its excellent academics, Division I athletics, a vibrant tradition of active service to the world, and a passionate community of alumni, donors, faculty, staff, and students.
The Vice President for Human Resources and Title IX of Presbyterian College is expected to:
- Provide critical institutional resourcing assistance to executive leadership by reporting directly to the president and serving on the leadership team.
- Direct, plan, and implement operations, programs, and services for the college’s human capital, including administrators, staff, faculty, and students.
- Develop initiatives and strategies to support and enhance excellence in customer service and engagement of employees across the enterprise.
- Execute and evaluate policies and plans for human resources while collaborating with the leadership team, faculty, and staff to develop overall strategic plans and priorities.
- Drive accountability for compliance with federal and state standards and overall performance of the human resources office, including workforce planning, recruitment and retention strategies, collegewide organizational development and training initiatives, management of compensation, benefits, and retirement systems, leadership in performance evaluations, employee relations, and software systems.
- Provide hands-on leadership, working with a staff of two specialists to provide best practice training, advice and counsel, and daily operations of human resource functions including records, benefits, employee relations, employment, classification, records, payroll, employee information and communications
- Effectively address Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity (AA/EEO) requirements and required state and federal reporting.
- Direct and manage all aspects of Title IX compliance, including all appropriate rules and regulations, reviews for the NCAA and Department of Education training for faculty and staff, training for investigators and Title IX hearing panels, adjudication of Title IX complaints, and reporting annual findings of reviews and investigations.
Qualifications and Desired Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in human resources or a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning preferred
- Additional professional certifications strongly preferred
- Ten years of demonstrated leadership experience in human resources, including expertise in key areas such as compensation, benefits, workforce development, succession planning, change management and Title IX
- Experience in higher education highly desirable, with emphasis on service at a private higher education institution
- Proven success managing the challenges that come with limited staffing and resources
- Demonstrated experience consulting and advising senior-level executives in broad areas of human resources
- Commitment to an inclusive and collaborative leadership style that is strong in teamwork
- Excellent oral, written and other communications skills as well as extensive computer literacy and familiarity with different software platforms
- Demonstrated strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation expertise
- Ability to listen to and interact privately and publicly with both individuals and groups
- Exhibit the emotional maturity, self-confidence, and good judgment necessary when dealing with highly sensitive and confidential situations
- Willingness to engage in multi-tasking and frequent travel as needed
- The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.
To review the full position profile, please visit: https://carterbaldwin.com/opportunities/pres-vphrix/
Applications will be accepted until the time that a new vice president is appointed. Candidates should submit application materials consisting of a CV and a letter of interest addressed to the Presbyterian College Vice President of Human Resources and Title IX Search Committee. Nominations, expressions of interest, applications, and confidential inquiries concerning this search may be directed to PCVPHR@carterbaldwin.com.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Clinton
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Clinton
- Human Resources Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Clinton
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Clinton