Senior Communications and Corporate Affairs Associate
The senior communications and corporate affairs associate will be responsible for creating, managing and overseeing the development and dissemination of written and graphic material for internal and external department communications, marketing efforts, and publications. The candidate should have excellent written and proofreading skills, be flexible and open to change and possess thorough attention to detail. This position requires a high level of self motivation, commitment and dedication to a very dynamic work environment.
- Leads communications team to develop communication materials and strategies consistent with department outreach mission.
- Leads, maintains and monitors social media platforms and blog accounts.
- Leads, develops and implements strategic communications and marketing plans for the department.
- Works with department and external communications team members, including faculty members, to produce and coordinate communications efforts, strategy development and success metrics.
- Prepares and creates content for website, articles, newsletters, annual reports, html e-mail updates, marketing materials and other publications.
- Works with creative design and illustration principal to prepare designs for print or digital publication.
- Copyedits and rewrites content for different target audiences.
- Works closely with internal and external marketing and communication team(s) to implement SEO best practices.
- Monitors redirects, click and bounce rates, and other key performance indicators.
- Prepares and presents reports regularly to department leadership.
- Monitors the ROI related to marketing investments.
- Interviews faculty, patients and other department members and third parties to prepare and produce written, video and/or other materials for news releases and other communications.
- Leads and coordinates Communications Committee and related meetings.
- Manages external meetings and leads efforts involving department engagement with College, hospital and third parties.
- Manages educational video production, including ensuring clinical staff obtains appropriate patient release to film consents to film.
- Arranges videography and coordinates faculty narration as appropriate.
- Interviews individuals for news stories and/or blogs.
- Writes stories in a variety of formats, including AP news
style, consumer-oriented web, and newsletter styles.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word
- Evidence of prior written material production and communications production/marketing efforts
- Experience in a similar role is preferred with an in-depth knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.