Part-Time Instructor, Oil & Gas-Corporate College
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
In partnership with our clients, you will be the direct key to creating a successful outcome in the education of our clients' employee populations in learning new Oil and Gas Production and Exploration skills as indicated below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops curriculum and delivers oil & gas programs and related materials in support of training objectives
- Reviews oil & gas course content and objectives
- Conducts training sessions and provide feedback for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
- Maintains current knowledge of oil gas industry as required
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of the industry training needs (competencies, skills technical level job tasks and performance, and HSE implementation) as they apply to rig floor along with an understanding of the technological developments and global trends for oil and gas onshore / offshore
- Experience in implementing training techniques and convey practical knowledge (theory and primarily hands on applications) to students of both technical and nontechnical backgrounds
- Ability to work with plant personnel to generate training endeavors between the Oil and Gas program and industry and to coordinate schedules and course feedback
- Rig experience as a roustabout, floor hand, derrick hand, motor man, driller, tool pusher or rig supervisor
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Typically anytime between 6am-6pm. Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
- At least 5 years of verified work experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience combined with several years of hands-on and leadership experience in oil and gas extraction (onshore/offshore, etc.)
- Experience in teaching adults
- Bachelor's degree
$43.75 per contact hour.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan, professional development opportunities and more.
All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah