Faculty, Veterinary Technology-Program Veterinarian
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Qualities of Excellence
As faculty members of Lone Star College, we strive to create a nation of world citizenry in our students. In that pursuit, we model ways of thinking and being that incorporate diversity, equality, and equity. Our culture, then, requires the possession of transcendent qualities that, while immeasurable, are evident in global citizens. We are compassionate with our students, colleagues, and ourselves. We are innovative in the pursuit of learning. Ultimately, we create a culture where learning thrives, people are safe, and we mirror the qualities of world citizenry.
Lone Star College faculty are dedicated to four qualities of excellence:
- Student Invested
- Content Expert
- Pedagogically Excellent
- Institutionally Dedicated
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Tomball
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Tomball, located north of Houston and founded in 1988, offers a wide range of programs including the college system’s only veterinary technology program and leading health sciences programs.
Campus address is 30555 Tomball Parkway, Tomball, TX 77375.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. The faculty member's role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, professional development, and institutional service. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Mastery of course content
- Demonstrated leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaborat ion, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectivel y with a wide variety of people
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technology
- Ability to use effective strategies to en gage students in their learning
PHYSICAL ABILITIES :
The work requires considerable and strenuous physical exertion, such as frequent climbing of tall ladders, lifting heavy objects over 50 pounds, crouching or crawling in restricted areas, and d efending oneself or others against physical attack.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment, and any specialized equipment standard within the discipline/industry
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled classroom and/or lab environment with exposure to safety hazards typical within the industry
- Hours will vary depending on class time; Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Veterinary Technology from an AVMA-accredited program and a LVT Licensed Veterinary Technician or a licensed DVM and 3 years non-teaching work experience in the field
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness programs, professional development opportunities, sabbatical opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Tomball
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Tomball
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Tomball
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Tomball
- English as a Second Language Not specified Full Time jobs in Tomball