Adjunct Instructor - Chemistry
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – CHEMISTRY
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking part-time Faculty to teach in our Chemistry Program. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The candidate should demonstrate success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Master's degree or higher in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or Master’s degree or higher and 18 graduate semester hours in Chemistry
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System (Brightspace), preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college
- Prior experience with online teaching (use of Zoom) is strongly preferred
- Experience with integrating different technologies into the curriculum is preferred
- Experience working in a classroom population with multiple levels of comprehension is desirable
- Experience working in an urban setting is preferred
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!