Director of Student Diversity Programs
The Director of Student Diversity Programs provides leadership and administrative direction for the planning, organization, and implementation of co-curricular diversity programs on campus. In collaboration with campus partners, including the Director of Religious and Spiritual Life, Director of the Center/Deputy Chief Diversity Officer, VP for Strategic Planning and Institutional Diversity, Director of Intergroup Relations, Director of the Opportunity Programs, and Director of Black Studies, among others, the Director is responsible for creating an intellectually vibrant and caring environment where student engagement, education, and cultural exploration occurs with particular focus on race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, nationality, social justice, anti-bias, equity and inclusion. The Director creates, coordinates, and assesses integrative learning for development of students that advances institutional goals regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion. The DSDP develops and ensures program opportunities that meet the needs of underrepresented students, including, but not limited to students of color, LGBTQ+ students, international students, and first-generation students, and to student organizations that promote diversity awareness, understanding, and affinity.
Key characteristics of this position include:
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with diversity education and intercultural competency program design, organization, implementation and assessment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of student development.
• Ability to form strong advising, mentoring, and working relationships with students of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to collaborate with campus and community partners.
• Budget management, program assessment, and reporting skills.
• Strong knowledge and appreciation of diversity and a sincere and demonstrated commitment to social justice, diversity, equality, and inclusion.
• Experience in conflict mediation is a plus.
• Attentiveness to broad vision as well as administrative (task) detail.
A Master’s Degree with a combination of 5 or more years experience in student diversity programs.Preferred Qualifications EEO Statement
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus
community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not
discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic
origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status,
domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence,
or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS .
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs