Center Director/Deputy Chief Diversity Officer
The inaugural Center Director and Deputy Chief Diversity Officer will shape the mission of a new center dedicated to connecting people and programs that underscore the importance of equity, inclusion, and justice. The individual will collaboratively assist the VP for Strategic Planning and Institutional Diversity on campus-wide efforts to strengthen diversity, equity, and inclusion. They will serve on the College’s diversity leadership team in an effort to create an even more diverse, engaged, and dynamic educational community. This is a pan-institutional position that will engage students, staff, faculty, alumni, and local community members. Primary partners in the work includes members of student affairs, academic affairs, and human resources with direct synergy with the Office of Student Diversity Programs. The position will combine skill sets ranging from organizing programming to strengthening institutional inclusive practices.
The Center Director and Deputy Chief Diversity Officer will play a role on the campus diversity committee, work with the divisional representatives, and support affinity groups.
Key characteristics of this position include:
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and independent discretion.
• Knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion in a higher education setting.
• Experience running a comparable center, creating intercultural curriculum, or teaching diversity, equity, and inclusion material.
• Facility in written and oral communication, including appropriate attention to detail, and the ability to meet tight deadlines, and re-prioritize as needs require.
• Fluency with technology and ability to manage the specific technology used to facilitate event programs. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required.
• Ability to work as a member of a team, collaborating effectively with others in shared decision-making and planning.
• Must able to work with and build/maintain positive relationships of trust with various constituencies.
Education: Bachelor’s and master’s degree required
Experience: 5-7 years’ experience in higher education or in a related field.
Doctoral degree in a related field preferred.EEO Statement
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus
community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not
discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic
origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status,
domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence,
or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS .
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs