Assistant Athletic Trainer (725)
Responsible for assisting with the prevention, care, evaluation, rehabilitation and treatment of acute and chronic orthopedic and medical conditions related to participation in intercollegiate athletics. Assisting the Head Athletic Trainer with providing comprehensive health care for 250 student-athletes and aiding in the day to day administration of the American University Sports Medicine program. This position works under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physicians.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 35 Hours
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or related field
- BOC Inc. Certification and CPR/AED Certification
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree
- Experience working at the NCAA Division-I level
- Experience working with college athletics
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Additional documents should be attached as a single document (ex resume, cover letter, references)
- This position requires travel and a considerable time above regular daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly University work schedule requirements
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC