Senior Associate, Clinical Trials & Corporate Contracts
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is seeking a
Senior Associate, Clinical Trials & Corporate
Contracts. This position supports the Center for Clinical
Trials and Corporate Contracts in the Office of Research and
Development and is involved in the structuring and negotiating
basic-, service- and clinical-research agreements with corporate
sponsor’s collaborators, and other partners. This person will
collaborate with internal partners as well as budget staff to
structure contracts and provide overall clinical and corporate
contract project management.
UMB offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package starting with 22 accrued vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; flexible schedules and teleworking options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Administer, review, negotiate, analyze, and draft contract terms for corporate sponsored research agreements (material transfer, confidentiality agreements, research (basic) agreements, sponsored and UMB-initiated CTAs, research services agreements, master agreements, and collaboration agreements).
- Ensure contract represents campus commitments and ensures compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies.
- Provide ongoing in-service training to faculty and study teams.
- Evaluate and develop potential corporate-funded research collaborations and other corporate-funded research-driven business relationships.
- Coordinate project management to include ensuring project compliance, scheduling, planning, change of scope impact analysis, reports on progress, and cost analysis.
- Provide sophisticated analysis and solutions to complex problems; initiates and develops plans and methods to address function goals and short term projects; contributes to planning, executing, and status reporting of short and long term projects; contributes to proposal and implementation of new or revised procedures, practices, or policies; guides and assists others in concepts in field of work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsEducation: Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as science, engineering, business, pre-law or other discipline appropriate to position.
Experience:Three (3) years of related experience in contract development, contract negotiation, project/research management in a health or medical research environment.
Other: Juris Doctor and two (2) years of related experience in contract development, negotiation, project management in a health or medical research environment may be substituted for education and experience. Juris Doctor heavily preferred. Experience in biological, chemical, or medical research setting also heavily preferred.
Annual financial disclosure required by Maryland State Law. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities