FACILITIES ATTENDANT - THIRD SHIFT
Third shift position to perform a variety of custodial and general housekeeping duties involving the care, cleaning and stocking of supplies in College buildings, offices and residential areas. Provide customer service to assist in promoting a hospitable environment and positive perceptions of College facilities. This position is considered to be essential during emergency situations and the incumbent is subject to report to work when requested. Position schedule is Sunday - Thursday 8:00 p.m. - 4: 00 a.m., Tuesday - Saturday 8:00 p.m. - 4:00 a.m. or Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
1. Maintain the safety, cleanliness and order of indoor campus facilities to include cleaning floors, walls, furniture and windows in all campus buildings, residence halls and apartments.
2. Conduct routine light maintenance and upkeep within job qualifications as required, to include; changing accessible light bulbs and clock batteries, resetting clocks, filling/refilling toilet paper/paper towels, emptying mousetraps and other related activities.
3. Maintain the cleanliness of flooring and furniture in campus facilities to include stripping and refinishing of hard floor surfaces, buffing and burnishing of hard floors. Operating shampoo and extraction equipment for furniture and carpeting, identifying and removing spots and stains in carpets.
4. Clean campus facilities to include; bio-hazards and/or traumatic events, properly dispose of all trash and bio-hazardous materials.
5. Clean custodial tools and equipment, inform supervisors of damage or replacement needs, complete and submit all necessary paperwork, records and logs, as required.
6. Maintain the safety, cleanliness and order of outdoor campus facilities to include cleaning building entranceways, balconies, trash receptacles, and college-owned properties; remove snow and ice from building entrances, steps and nearby walkways.
7. Unlock entrances to buildings and classrooms in accordance with the College’s key policy.
8. Prepare for college events and activities to include; lining and setting-up event areas and securing appropriate seating arrangements for events, pull out bleachers for sporting events and assist with lighting, operate elevators as needed and monitor events to ensure safety and cleanliness.
9. Provide hospitality services and perform housekeeping duties during the summer period to include; cleaning rooms, changing linens, making beds, stocking towels, and other amenities. Facilitate linen exchange. Ensure timely and efficient turnover of facilities to accommodate incoming guests.
10. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
11. Provide excellent customer service to assist with special needs of College visitors and promote an inclusive environment.
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work with minimal supervision; good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment; familiarity with various cleaning agents and related equipment; the ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. and climb a 6-ft. ladder are required. A valid NYS Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one is preferred.
The successful candidates must possess excellent customer service, attention to detail, and the ability to successfully work both independently and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are a crucial part of this role due to the high volume of interactions with coworkers, students, faculty and staff. The ability to use current technology to perform basic college functions. This includes; using email, completing online mandatory trainings, enrolling in the benefits program, submitting a timecard, and entering service requests is required.
Most of the work of the incumbent is carried out within a generally accessible, safe, indoor environment. The incumbent will be required to routinely move, carry or lift 40 lbs. and have the ability to climb a 6-ft. ladder. The incumbent will be issued and required to wear or operate safety equipment such as goggles, gloves and respirators. The incumbent may be exposed to distasteful elements and odors when cleaning certain public areas such as restrooms/ bathrooms and garbage facilities. The incumbent will be required to operate a manual shovel in the removal of snow and ice from walkways and entryways and may be exposed to inclement weather conditions. The incumbent may be required to work overtime, nights and weekends as needed.
Ithaca College understands our obligation to operate in accordance with NYS Department of Health Guidance applicable to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. This includes adherence to required physical distancing guidelines, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including but not limited to wearing of face masks, and practicing good hand hygiene. Employees will be required to perform regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched and high risk areas and may be required to wear a respirator mask if physically able and medically cleared to do so. Online daily health screening and weekly testing is also required.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca