Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Full Stack Developer
Why work at Collin College?
Collin College’s employees pride themselves on being part of an established, higher-education leader in Collin County and the surrounding area. The college is currently in a growth period, breaking ground on several new physical campuses, and launching new initiatives in the online education arena. In 2021, the college will have 11 sites throughout the county.
Independent surveys of the college’s employees show it is an amazing place to work. In 2019, Collin College was named one of the “Great Colleges to Work For” by the Great Colleges Program. Collin College has been recognized as one of the DFW Metroplex’s “Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for four years in a row. Residents are a short drive from the larger DFW Metroplex, a vibrant metropolis bursting with culture, industry, innovation, and entertainment. There really is something for everyone here.
Should you choose to start your journey with us, you will find yourself immersed in a culture of innovation and growth. Initiatives tied to the college’s master and strategic plans challenge our employees to grow professionally while still feeling supported with training and collaboration.
Beyond your day-to-day duties, you will also find amazing benefits offered by Collin, including, but not limited to:
- Vacation Days – Rest and re-energize with 12 vacation days each year
- Sick Days – The college offers 12 sick days accrued each year
- Personal Days – Take time for yourself with three personal days (24 hours per fiscal year)
- Paid Holidays – We offer up to 16 paid holidays each fiscal year
- Medical – Choose one of two exceptional health plans (HealthSelect and Consumer Directed HealthSelect)
- Dental – Keep your teeth sparkly white using the college’s dental plan (two plans available)
- Wellness – We encourage an active lifestyle. Dedicate up to 1.5 hours of your work week towards wellness in our fitness centers
- Teacher Retirement System – Savings for your retirement starts from day one via the TRS system
- 403b with 3% Match – Want to put even more away for your retirement? The college will match up to 3% of what you put in your 403b
- Professional Development – Need to attend a conference or become certified to reach the next level in your career? We work with our employees to ensure they have access to professional development opportunities to succeed in their roles at Collin College
Responsible for the creation and development of mobile and progressive web applications in a fast-paced team environment. Develop original software products or solutions that serve existing functions and processes at Collin College. This role will provide hands-on focus through-out the project process from conception to production, including connecting components to the existing application program interface (API) solutions. When existing APIs are not available, provide creative and custom solutions to address problems. Must be motivated and capable of working closely with internal and external team members and clients in a highly collaborative environment to deliver solutions in line with the institution's master plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and develop web and natively coded software solutions for Collin College's website, progressive web applications, native mobile apps, and other application platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other web and software development team members.
- Maintain web and native code instances of deployed solutions and implement any necessary additions or enhancements.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and offer various solutions to web and native application coding errors, software updates, and integration issues.
- Participate in the system architecture decision process when scoping software and web solutions.
- Develop, maintain, and modify back-end solutions for products.
- Work with the front-end solutions team to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Participate and perform in code reviews and pull requests when needed.
- Participate in functional testing of code, beta testing, and general quality assurance.
- Provide detailed code comments, version control commits, and documentation related to developed APIs/assets/code.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree in computer science, software development, advanced/modern web development, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution and a minimum of four (4) years of experience with C++, C#, or Java.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, advanced/modern web development, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution and a minimum of three (3) years of experience with C++, C#, or Java.
Master's degree in computer science, software development, advanced/modern web development, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution and a minimum of two (2) years of experience with C++, C#, or Java.
Must have experience with three (3) or more of the following, or a comparable framework/product/solution:
- Spring Framework, PostgreSQL, Docker, Apache Tomcat, SQL
- Cloud-based Server solutions (Azure, AWS, etc.).
- DevOps or deployment experience.
- Swift, ReactNative, Flutter.
- Experience with Python, Nodejs and ExpressJS
Experience working in Higher Education is preferred.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure Certifications a plus. Experience working with Swift, React Native, Flutter, and the Android SDK, Kotlin, ARKit and ARCore, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Development, Ruby on Rails or PHP, Unity or Unreal Engines, SAP Concur Travel Expense system, ASP VBScript, and Office 365 Enterprise Applications a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of modern front- and back-end solutions for web-based projects, including, but not limited to, ES6, ES7, HTML5, CSS3, NodeJS, ReactJS, and server-side languages
- Knowledge of system-based programming languages, specifically those that apply to native mobile application development (Swift & Xcode, Java/Kotlin, ReactNative/Flutter)
- Knowledge of software and web app development and deployment in a team setting
- Knowledge of and ability to implement SAML for cross-domain single sign-on authentication
- Knowledge in software solution implementation and current industry best practices
- Clean, concise coding and good coding habits
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Design-oriented skills a plus but not required
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Effective oral and written technical communication skills
- Interpersonal and customer service skills to provide effective assistance
- Teambuilding skills
- Ability to communicate with faculty, staff, and students
- Ability to provide advanced technical support
- Ability to collaborate with others who may be located adjacently or remotely
- Ability to review and understand code and procedures
- Ability to recognize the value of new technologies and how they can benefit the college
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to stay current in software solution implementation and in industry best practices
- Ability to work in a team environment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $85,038.00 - 97,794.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney