Athletics ESPN+ Video Production Engineer
FGCU Athletics is seeking applications for Video Production Engineer for its ESPN+ broadcasts – specifically during the men’s and women’s basketball seasons. The ESPN+ Video Production Engineer will be required to: engineer FGCU’s production trailer including but not limited to fixing issues with audio, camera stations, intercom, switcher, replay unit and other required maintenance of equipment.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Set-up all production equipment for gameday productions –
camera positions, talent positions, trailer equipment, power,
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that arise
- Strike all equipment and secure production trailer
- Assist producer and director as needed during production of
- Assist Associate AD/Communications and Director of Video on any
production related initiatives
- Assist in training/teaching students about video/audio
regarding set-up, strike, and (as applicable) maintenance
- Make recommendations for any repair or upgrades of
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Two years of experience engineering television broadcasts.
Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Experience working in an engineer capacity on a video production trailer, truck, or room.
Familiarity with HaiVision encorders and A/V transmission over IP.
Experience working intercollegiate athletics events.
Knowledge and experience in television sports production settings.
Experience with audio board and intercom systems.
Working knowledge of production cameras, Ross Video switchers (or equivalent such as NewTek TriCaster), graphics platforms (such as Ross Xpression) and replay units (NewTek 3Play).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Skilled in the use of tools and test equipment used in
broadcast transmission and production equipment maintenance.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Ability to install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and/or
repair television broadcast equipment.
- Ability to use a wide variety of testing equipment in various
- Ability to use typical broadcast and electronics test equipment
and understand computer systems and networking.
- Ability to work with in a high degree of independence and solve
problems quickly and efficiently in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, and students in a service-oriented
- Ability to read and understand technical materials.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends, and some
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.