Trades Specialist - HVAC
University Code 17122 University Title Trades Specialist 2 University Job Family Facilities Management ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Trades Specialist - HVAC Position Number 554420 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Physical Plant Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The HVAC Specialist utilizes knowledge of the HVAC trade to perform preventive maintenance, repair, and installation of building infrastructure ensuring efficient operation of Zone facilities.
• Provide exemplary customer service to all faculty staff students and vendors supporting the University’s mission of teaching high-impact research and creative expression
• Identify and document system deficiencies using diagnostic tools and advise management of tasks requiring priority attention
• Provide quality workmanship and service to maximize system availability and minimize unscheduled downtime
• Perform AiM duties to include accurate time card entries including notes appropriate and complete service details for work order phases, and load necessary and pertinent related documents to work orders and or assets
• Perform building maintenance corrective and preventive, including and beyond the HVAC trade to assure there is a safe, comfortable and pleasant environment for all faculty staff, students, and guests
• Perform Operations Center Operations Specialist duties (control center monitoring duties) as scheduled and needed to maintain departmental service delivery requirements
The VCU Facilities Department has has a competitive starting salary and a generous package of state benefits.
• 27 days of annual paid leave
• 16 days of annual holiday leave
• Competitive health benefits package commences within 30 days of employment
• All uniforms, safety boots and tools provided
• Paid training
• Retirement offered Virginia Retirement System
• Tuition waiver with up to 2 classes per semester
• Parental and Care Giver Leave
Normal work hours are:
11:00pm-11:30am, alternating weekends & some holidays
Minimum Hiring Standards
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Virginia Driver’s license required
• EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification required
• Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation Journeyman HVAC license required, or the ability to obtain with the first year of employment
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, service, and install a wide range of residential, commercial, and industrial HVAC and mechanical systems and their components
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to management, co-workers, and customers in person and by technologically based means (phone, email, CMMS )
• Knowledge of appropriate building codes and safety guidelines and regulations
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, plans, schematics, specifications, and scopes
• Ability to use a wide variety of hand tools and power equipment
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Minimum of five (3) years’ experience in commercial, industrial, or institutional HVAC maintenance preferred
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $44,000 - $48,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours 11:00pm-11:30am, alt. weekends & some holidays Job Open Date 11/13/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Trades/ Housekeeping and Operations Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101736 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have a valid Virginia Driver's License?
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond