Maintenance Engineer - Facilities Steam Plant
TheSteam Plantin theFacilities Management
DepartmentatSt. Catherine Universityinvites applications
for aMaintenance Engineerposition. This is a regular,
full-time, Union position.
TheMaintenance Engineerwill join a dedicated team and will be responsible for independently performing regular preventative maintenance of mechanical, heating, air conditioning, ventilation and plumbing systems for all campus buildings and facilities. Under terms of the union agreement, the incumbent will be available on-call as determined by the supervisor.
- Maintain heating systems including boilers, steam lines,
condensate lines, traps, and thermostats
- Maintain plumbing systems and perform drain cleaning
- MaintainHVACsystems including air
handlers, ducting, coils, filters, chillers, towers, converters,
pumps, and refrigeration
- Install or repair various appliances including stoves,
refrigerators, dishwashers, disposals
- Daily rounds of assigned facilities to ensure proper function
- Maintain the Building Maintenance system
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- High School diploma orGED
- 5 years of applicable experience
- Experience using power and hand tools
- State of Minnesota First Class C Engineer, Boiler License
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service. EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com or 651-690-6565.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/search to
apply. Three references and successful completion of a background
check will be required for employment. For information, contact
Denise Karney at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will
begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application deadline is November 20, 2020.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *How many years of applicable
experience do you have?
- None to some
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years or more
- *Do you have experience using power
tools and hand tools?
- *Do you have a current Minnesota
Class 1-C Boiler Operator license?
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University Website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Newspaper - Star Tribune paper
- Newspaper - Star Tribune web
- Community agency
- Newspaper - Pioneer Press paper
- Newspaper -Pioneer Press web
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2