Assistant or Associate Professor - Early Childhood Multicultural Education
Job Title Assistant or Associate Professor - Early Childhood Multicultural Education Rank Assistant/Associate Professor Classification Title Tenure Track Position Summary
The School of Education seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students and who embrace our vision, mission and core values:
Vision: To prepare educators, leaders, and counselors as agents of social change who transform the lives of individuals and communities they serve.
Mission: To immerse our students in authentic academic and professional settings, providing them with opportunities to bridge theory and practice and to engage in critical reflection that informs action.
Core Values: Authentic Learning, Reflective Practice, Diversity, Social Justice, Excellence/Quality, and Transformation.
The School of Education is comprised of five academic departments including Educational Leadership, Teacher Education, Special Education, Curriculum and Instruction, and Counseling.
The Department of Teacher Education offers Bachelor’s Degrees with concentrations in the areas of Early childhood, Elementary, and Elementary/Special Education (Dual) as well as minors in Bilingual and Secondary Education.
Applicants are invited to apply for a nine-month, open rank faculty position with a contract starting August, 2021/ possibly summer. Specific teaching responsibilities will commensurate with candidate’s qualifications. The successful candidate may be required to teach during the day, evening, or weekend as well as online courses-both asynchronous/synchronous.
Duties and Responsibilities
The person selected for this position will teach undergraduate courses, supervise student teachers, advise undergraduate level students, assist with recruitment and retention initiatives, engage in scholarly activity that is related to Early Childhood Education, and work collaboratively with department faculty members to develop and strengthen the preparation of teacher candidates in the area of early childhood education.
In addition, candidates should have membership and involvement in one or more professional organizations, provide service to the community, and be available to represent New Mexico Highlands University at monthly meetings for the Early Childhood Higher Education Task Force in New Mexico.
- Doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D) from an accredited institution in Early Childhood Education or a related field is required.
- ABD candidates will be considered
-Public School teaching license
-Three or more years of classroom teaching experience with ages Infant – Grade 3.
-Experience with supervision of teacher candidates.
-Demonstration of excellent written and communication skills.
Expertise in Early Childhood Multicultural Education
-Evidence of scholarly activity.
-Experience with outcomes assessment and CAEP Accreditation.
-Interest and commitment to working with diverse populations.
-Knowledge/teaching special needs children.
-Two or more years of teaching experience at the college/university level in the area of Early Childhood or a related area.
-Experience with teaching asynchronous online courses.
- NMTEACH certification or the equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Proficiency teaching and communicating with colleagues and students via electronic and digital modalities.
-Proficiency in the integration of technology to support teaching and learning.
-Proficiency in Desire to Learn,Bright-Space, or other Learning Management System.
-Proficiency with student advisement/information systems (e.g. Degree Audit and Banner)
Work Location Las Vegas, NM Campus
Posting Number F198P Posting Open Date 11/10/2020 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application must include:
1) A letter of application/Cover Letter
2) Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3) License/Teaching Certificate
4) Philosophy of Education
5) Unofficial copies of terminal degree transcripts
6) Three letters of reference
Online application must include names, phone numbers, and e‐mail addresses of three (3) professional references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with a phone and/or on-campus interview and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the on-campus interview.
For more detailed information regarding the position you may contact: Dr. Shirley Meckes at firstname.lastname@example.org. For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or TDD 505-454-3003. New Mexico Highlands University is an EEO Employer.
Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6229 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Will you have a Ph.D. in hand by the date of appointment or
an advanced ABD by the date of the appointment?
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- What is your Philosophy for serving students?
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have experience with student outcomes assessment?
- Do you have experience with CAEP accreditation?
- Do you have experience with Desire2Learn or another learning
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Teaching Philosophy
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas