Accounting Associate IV, Business Services
The Business Services department invites applications for an Accounting Associate IV to join their team. The individual selected for this position is expected to provide technical/professional accounting work for major fund groups used by the University. As well as, provide accounting-related advice and assistance to departmental, school, and college fiscal staff when necessary. This position is responsible for reconciling, analyzing, and summarizing data and drawing conclusions for superiors to assure compliance with University and State accounting policies and procedures for various transactions, and to help ensure the integrity of recorded financial data. This position is responsible for the accurate and efficient flow of all UM multi-campus “Backdoor” and SABHRS wire transactions within Banner and SABHRS software modules.
The individual in this position coordinates predetermined sequential activities to complete portions of various internal/external financial reports and assists in preparation of work papers for several financial statement audits. This position requires a fair degree of independence with supervisor support and review. The tasks of this position can vary from routine (daily tasks) to special projects. This position assists the Systems team for financial ad hoc report development.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of Banner and SABHRS operating systems; pertinent MOM’s procedures and policies; and the ability to develop ad hoc queries and interpret resulting data.
- Knowledge and experience in professional principles and practices of accounting and departmental procedures
- Ability to develop and implement accounting procedures; analyze and interpret accounting information; identify and solve accounting problems; compile, interpret, review and communicate financial transactions to a variety of individuals
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex tasks with the highest degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with frequent interruptions
- High degree of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Outlook; Ability to operate standard office equipment (10 key, copier, fax)
- Understanding of relational databases and how they work, this includes the ability to create ad hoc queries/reports from the underlying tables and data structures
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field, as well as at least two (2) years of related professional experience; or any combination of experience and education that would provide the competencies required to successfully discharge the duties assigned to this position.
- Working knowledge of Banner Finance and SABHRS accounting systems
About the Business Services department and UM
The office of Business Services is committed to providing financial services responsive to the needs of students, faculty and staff of The University of Montana. We accomplish our mission by wholeheartedly supporting the pursuit of academic excellence by students and faculty. We proactively meet challenges, enhance our services and achieve productive results.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
The University of Montana is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity as a core value. We support equal access and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. This position is eligible for veterans' and disabilities preference in accordance with Montana State Law.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Accounting Associate IV
Position Number: 003300
Department: Business Services
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $17.44/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday , December 13, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner