Financial and Technical Analyst (Business Services)- Moreno Valley College
Financial and Technical Analyst (Business Services)- Moreno Valley College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Business Services (M)
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
$ 6,156 - $ 7,495
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Under direction of the Vice President of Business Services, conducts complex financial analysis, planning, and fund management, budget analysis; accounting and administration; position control changes; systems planning, automation development and administration; publications development and coordination and College development functions. This is an advanced journey-level position, and the work assigned requires fully developed accounting skills in several specialized areas including budget, forecasting, and analysis.
PROVIDES WORK OR LEAD DIRECTION TO:
Not applicable ? no permanent full-time staff to supervise.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in accounting, finance, public administration, statistics, business administration or a related area is required. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis with one year of full time experience being equal to 30 semester or 45 quarter units of coursework.
Three or more years of full-time experience in a professional level administrative or accounting assignment. Experience in or knowledge of higher education operations is preferred.
Principles and practices of accounting and finance; preparing budget spreadsheets and reports with results of analytical information. Knowledge of methods utilizing quantitative and qualitative statistical analysis for information gathering and reporting. Methods, practices, principles, procedures, and terminology used in accounting; generally accepted accounting principles; governmental accounting standards; the California Community College's Budget and Accounting Manual; computer software applications, including Excel , Access and Word; the operation of business equipment, including computers, copiers, and calculators; English language and grammar.
Assist the Vice President in working with faculty staff and students in the process of information gathering. Establish and maintain effective working relationships including strong organizational skills, team working and interpersonal skills. Gather and analyze data, reason logically and draw valid conclusions; quickly learn and apply rules, clearly communicate ideas and recommendations; write clear and concise reports; work with and provide direction for staff; use computerized records, statistical packages, spreadsheets and databases. Essential characteristics include strong organizational written and oral skills.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, other departmental staff, other California Community College staff, Riverside County Office of Education, and State Agencies.
Normal office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs high-level problem-solving and analytical tasks such as revenue and expenditure forecasting, enrollment and efficiency trends, etc.
2. Performs statistical and administrative data collection and analysis; develop, evaluate and present alternative recommendations.
3. Evaluates and makes recommendations in operations systems, procedures, policies and methods. Provides financial analysis, recommends planning strategies and reviews fund management indicating areas of concern and/or potential recommendations to administration.
4. Conducts research and prepares analyses or reports regarding annual college-wide budget allocations, reallocations, revenues and formula allocation; updates and may conduct program and service evaluations.
5. Prepares reconciliations; prepares analytic schedules for college council meetings, administrators and Governing Board agendas; may review and report funding for Governing Board agenda items and may provide budget review and analysis of personnel actions.
6. Prepares, reviews, and submits a variety of informational reports, reconciliations and statements to and from internal departments and external agencies.
7. Prepares training materials for staff, faculty and students; assists with training on budget development policies and procedures.
8. Assists District Information Technology staff in the implementation and upgrading of the College computerized systems used in administration, student services and instructional functions. Assists the administrative college staff in conducting job automation for financial responsibilities
9. Responds to analytical and information inquiries from college staff and faculty, creates and processes transfers from the various accounts, prepares periodic status reports to end users.
10. Prepares budget and expenditure transfers setups for input to the computerized accounting system, updates budget system as assigned;
11. Assists in the development and submission of the college budgets including preparation of special studies regarding operation and capital budgets.
12. Coordinates information and prepares data on budget to Vice President of Business Services.
13. Compiles data for the preparation of instructions, recommendations, reporting systems and reports.
14. Assists in reviewing budgets throughout the college and making recommendations for proper allocation.
15. Answers complex budget questions, prepares complex budget data for presentations.
16. Continues professional development to meet the demands of a continually changing learning environment.
17. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
18. Performs other duties related to the position as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The college provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit. Employees working less than 20 hours per week are not eligible for this benefit package.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market St., Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday through Friday 8:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated start date: December 2020 or after
*It is anticipated that first screening of applications will occur sometime during the 1st or 2nd week of December 2020.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources and Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit: