Secretary, Social & Behavioral Sciences
Posting Number: 0001008
PS Position#: 00000084
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $31,800 - $34,980 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B22. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Social & Behavioral Sciences
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position will provide administrative support for full-time and adjunct faculty, part-time student workers, and one embedded advisor. The Secretary also serves as first point of contact for students in Social and Behavioral Sciences classes and programs, building maintenance issues, and security.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and enter fall/spring/summer class schedule and assign
instructors into PeopleSoft.
- Work with the Dual Credit Director to schedule classes across
ISDs and modalities.
- Assign classes to rooms throughout John Britt Hall and other
- Maintain records of faculty and contact information.
- Assist with ordering books for courses through the
- Provide administrative assistance in support of the division's
financial operations, including providing/compiling data for
budgets and reviewing expenditures.
- Perform clerical duties for the faculty of the division
including the Division Chair: maintain files, receive and route
incoming phone calls, greet and assist students and visitors,
distribute mail, make copies, fax, scan, etc.
- Arrange division faculty and International Education meetings,
create meeting agendas, take minutes during meetings, and
distribute minutes to participants.
- Prepare budget and detail transaction reports and monitor
departmental budgets and expenditures.
- Oversee budgets for Social Sciences, Psychology, and
- Assist with travel arrangements for faculty and student
conferences, Model UN, and dual credit faculty.
- Enter and track departmental purchase requests and process
account statements and credit card charges in the credit card
- Produce internal and external correspondence and distribute
departmental information and reminders.
- Assist in documenting and tracking projects to ensure reporting
timelines are met.
- Assist in keeping policy manuals up to date.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a safe work environment, and
respond according to established protocol to emergency
- Maintain a professional demeanor.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Order inventory and maintain office supplies.
- Assist with registration as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Six months of related work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PC’s, on-line research,
word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and network-related
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Two (2) years of related work experience
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Close Date: 11/29/2020
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6740
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.