Secretary, English & Humanities
Posting Number: 0001007
PS Position#: 00000073
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $31,800 - $34,980 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B22. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: English & Humanities
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Perform clerical duties in support of Division Chair and full-time and adjunct instructors.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enter semester class schedule into the college computer
- Prepare faculty load list each term.
- Maintain and keep required records of division budgets, travel
requests, and absences.
- Order and maintain supplies for division members.
- Prepare purchase requisitions using the college computer
purchasing and accounting system.
- Assist Human Resources with employment applications for adjunct
- Assist with orientation of new and adjunct faculty, as
- Assist with administration of student evaluation of
- Type correspondence, syllabi, tests, outlines, and reports as
- Take minutes of division meetings and produce and distribute
copies of minutes.
- Maintain division files.
- Access data and information in PeopleSoft; input information as
- Assist with registration.
- Review website pertaining to division periodically.
- Assist in implementing state curriculum procedures, legislative
mandates, and SACS requirements.
- Research information online.
- Run queries for faculty and convert information to supply
- Reconcile and make copies of MasterCard accounts for English
- Process Approval to Hire for new hires and submit to Human
- Interview and hire Student Assistants.
- Archive departmental documentation.
- Maintain service for photocopier in Bonner Hall.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- May include support of laboratories and special classrooms
unique to division.
- May include support of special events or grants.
- Some evening work required during registration and occasionally
other times during the semester.
- Assist Composition Coordinator with planning and logistics for
colloquia and other professional development events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Six (6) months of related work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PC’s, on-line research,
word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and network-related
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Two (2) years of related work experience
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Close Date: 11/29/2020
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6737
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.