Assistant Professor, Applied Mathematics
Assistant Professor, Applied Mathematics
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
S&E - Math/Statistics Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics in the College of Science & Engineering at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Applied Mathematics to begin fall 2021. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain an active research agenda as manifested by scholarly publications, grant writing and supervision of graduate students. Teaching responsibilities include teaching nine contact hours per semester supporting the Bachelor of Science and Master of Science programs or six contact hours per semester if actively supporting PhD students. The new faculty member will join a collaborative group of 25 mathematics, statistics and mathematics education full-time faculty who serve the entire campus community and will be expected to collaborate with the faculty in our department and the College of Science and Engineering in applications of mathematics, engineering, natural and environmental science, coastal and marine studies, etc.
The Department strives to increase its research profile while maintaining excellence in teaching courses in the BS and MS program in mathematics, as well as service courses. The MS in Mathematics Program has three tracks: Applied and Computational Mathematics, Statistics and Mathematics Education, and provides students with preparation for careers in education, science, and industry, as well as providing a solid foundation for further study in mathematics. The Department participates in interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs offered by the College. Our Department is active in a variety of research areas across multiple mathematical concentrations, including modeling, differential equations, fluid dynamics, elasticity, electro and magneto-statics, porous media, microorganism swimming, and fracture mechanics, analysis, statistics, and data science. We also serve our community by providing expertise to local schools, industry, and business.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics
- Strong publication record and an ongoing scholarly program
appropriate for a tenure-track position
- Evidence of teaching a variety of undergraduate and graduate
mathematics courses and effective classroom instruction
- Ability to direct MS thesis committees and participate in
interdisciplinary PhD committees
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Quality publications and a research agenda in the area of
- Breadth and depth of applied mathematics knowledge
- Experience with successful grant writing
- Overlapping interest with the current departmental
- Collaborate ability with colleagues and evidence of
- Online teaching skills/experience
- Experience in working with a diverse student
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/Job_Opportunities/
All requested documents must be uploaded to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position.
2. A current curriculum vitae, including a list of three professional references with names, titles, phone numbers and email addresses- including a current or previous supervisor.
3. A research agenda.
4. A teaching philosophy that also addresses diversity and inclusion.
5. Copies of unofficial transcripts of graduate coursework.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Applicants are encouraged to apply by Friday, January 29, 2020.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Professor--Applied-Mathematics_R-033894