Director, International Students & Scholars - Office of Academic Affairs
The Director of the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) is responsible for ensuring that all international students, scholars, faculty and staff are in a valid immigration status and are pursuing their academic and professional objectives in compliance with federal immigration regulations. The Director coordinates the administrative procedures to hire non-immigrant visiting and tenure-track faculty and researchers and provides information and training for the Office of Human Resources, the Office of the General Counsel, and academic departments so that they may fulfill federal requirements in the process.
The Director is the senior compliance officer for the university with regard to federal immigration regulations, serving as the Primary Designated School Official and Responsible Officer. The Director currently supervises a professional staff that assist non-immigrant students, scholars, and international faculty and staff to ensure that they remain in compliance with SEVIS reporting requirements, and also receive essential services to aid in their successful adaptation to Tulane and New Orleans. In support of the Center's mission to promote academic and cultural exchange, the Director also works in collaboration with Tulane colleagues and community partners to create programming that will introduce international students and scholars to the rich history and culture of our city and region, and that will invite them to further enrich our campus and local community with their perspectives. The Director is responsible for OISS' strategic plan, programming and advocacy, oversees finances and bookkeeping, establishes OISS policies and best practices, supervises OISS publications and external affairs, and is ultimately responsible for all OISS personnel matters such as hiring, termination, promotion, performance review, individual workplans and professional development.
- Masters' degree in higher education administration, college student services administration, international education, international relations or a related field.
- Three years of experience in the development and implementation of international student services-related programs in higher education and supervisory experience of staff at offices serving international students.
- Expert knowledge of F-1, J-1, and H-1 B regulations, including SEVIS reporting requirements and Department of Homeland Security regulations and recent updates in immigration laws.
- Must meet federal requirements to serve as Primary Designated School Official and Responsible Officer.
- Five years experience in the field and previous experience as a Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) and Responsible Officer (RO).
- Foreign language proficiency.
- Experience living, working or studying abroad.
- NAFSA affiliation.
- Experience working with fsaATlAS and/or Sunapsis software.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- International Programs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Orleans