Coordinator of Student Organization & Leadership
- Reconceptualize, develop, implement and manage all aspects of student organizations, which includes assessment of learning outcomes and goals. Continuously improve and administer a student organization event registration process that will institutionalize guidance, advice, and counsel by the University to event organizers including facilities, business administrators and risk management. Manage and coordinate the maintenance of payroll, registration, contracts, records and reports for all student organizations.
- Responsible for initiation, planning, execution, and assessment of a comprehensive Student Leadership Conference each year. Responsible for implementing a leadership series throughout the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for outreach and engagement of the student body, specifically connecting students with student organizations and leadership opportunities, while also supporting campus activities and events coordinated by the Office of Student Life as a whole.
- Develop and implement a student organization training with key university partners that impacts all student organizations, and ensures their knowledge of university policies and procedures. Offer monthly trainings and information sessions for student organizations to interact, and to receive updated information from the Office of Student Life.
- Advisor to all Student Organizations and their designated advisors. Creates and makes presentations on behalf of the Office of Student Life, including but not limited to student organizations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Must possess strong customer service and problem solving skills, organizational and communication experience (verbal, written and interpersonal). Strong documentation and presentation skills. Demonstrate leadership ability, and ability to handle confidential information. Must have ability to use Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, etc). Must be able to cultivate relationships with faculty and staff from all areas of the University. Must have experience and ability to use technology to collect data and assess programs. Must have experience and ability to plan small and large events and workshops. Must have the ability to make decisions based on University policies and procedures. Must be self-directed and a self-starter. Must have the ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize work to meet deadlines and produce accurate work with attention to detail in a fast paced environment. Must have the ability to assist in functional supervsion. Must be knowledgeable or able to learn, University policies and procedures (theoretical and practical) and able to disseminate the information to others. Must be able to work underpressure as well as a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.Education
Bachlors degree required, Masters degree preferred. Course work in counseling, student personnel or related field is preferred. Experience in higher education and student organizations required.Experience
Two years of experience working with student organizations and/or student activities in a higher education environment. Knowledge of Purdue University Northwest policies and student organization best practices preferred. Leadership and program development knowledge is required. Ability to manage payroll for student employees and understanding of Success Factors. Experience with bystander intervention training, human awareness, relationship building with university students, and working to support a wide range of constituents.
For information regarding our excellent benefits package, please visit: www.purdue.edu/benefits
Professional references will be verified prior to any offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon completion of successful background check along with a motor vehicle records check if applicable.
Purdue University Northwest is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
FLSA Status Exempt