Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Make a significant and positive impact with a world-class
academic organization. Help advance a healthcare culture where all
are valued, included and cared for. Take your professional
expertise to the next level. UCan do all this and more at UCLA
Reporting to the Chief Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Officer, the Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion will have a pivotal role in building and executing system-wide strategies to strengthen UCLA Health’s culture of health equity, diversity, and inclusion. This vital leader will facilitate best practices in fostering an affirming and inclusive culture where all have an opportunity to succeed and create a patient care environment where they can achieve their best health. The Director will serve as the equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) subject matter expert who will work collaboratively with strategic partners across the UCLA Hospital and Clinic System and David Geffen School of Medicine.
The Director will assess the organization’s EDI climate and current programs/initiatives, help stakeholders articulate their EDI aspirations, as well as identify and recommend strategic and programmatic solutions to advance UCLA Health’s agenda on equity, diversity and inclusion excellence. The Director will use methodologies and best practices specific to EDI to lead initiatives that support UCLA Hospital System’s objectives at the organizational and at the unit levels.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master’s Degree in organizational development, change management, or organizational behavior or other related field strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in equity, diversity, and inclusion programming required, 5-10 years preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Strong leadership skills and coalition building.
- Expertise in critical race theory, anti-racism, and restorative justice principles.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in organizational development and change.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Leadership experience in a complex academic medical center or health system preferred
- Knowledge of events planning and marketing.
- Proficiency use of multimedia tools.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply online: http://ucla.contacthr.com/78156692