Associate Provost-Charlestown Campus-reposted
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Nov 12, 2020
Ref No.: 126367
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College's Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Bunker Hill Community College (www.BHCC.edu), is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Associate Provost on the Charlestown Campus. The Associate Provost is a mission-critical executive-level leadership position with academic portfolio to ensure vibrant core program and services development at a senior leadership level. Reporting to the Provost/Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, the Associate Provost provides strategic leadership and direction for the College's academic programs and student services.
- Supervises the Dean of Humanities and Learning Communities, the Dean of Behavioral, Social Sciences and Global Learning, the Dean of Academic Support and College Pathway Programs, the Dean of Student Services, the Dean of Enrollment Management and Life Map and the Director of Academic Innovation and Distance Education.
- Establishes collaborative strategies with the Associate Provost, Chelsea, to ensure the College achieves its stated mission at multiple sites, with attention to the unique focus of each.
- Assumes a leadership role and works with the Provost/Vice President in the on-going development and enhancement of learning outcomes for the College.
- Provides leadership in the assessment of academic programs.
- Participates in the creation of new academic programs and student services in alignment with the College's mission and goals.
- Oversees the academic affairs budget; monitors expenditures in assigned divisions.
- Promotes excellence in teaching and learning and fosters an environment of continuous improvement, innovation and positive and collegial relationships between faculty, staff and students.
- Responsible for the selection of new faculty and staff in assigned divisions.
- Responsible for the integration of enrollment services and academic programming to improve retention and graduation rates.
- Ensures that the Dean of Students provides timely and effective responses/solutions for student inquiries and grievances.
- Provides leadership in the development of grant proposals.
- Earned doctorate and five years of senior-level management experience as a Dean or higher in an institution of higher education or
- Master's degree with seven years of demonstrated leadership and accomplishments in the area of academic programs as a Dean or higher in an institution of higher education.
- Significant supervisory experience with faculty and staff at all levels in a collective bargaining environment.
- College-level teaching experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Record of successful implementation of academic programs and/or student services
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Community College administrative experience.
- Experience in the development and acquisition of grants
Bunker Hill Community College is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Submit nominations and application materials to Cheryl Hyatt at BHCC@hyatt-fennell.com, please specify the search in the subject line. Applications include a letter of interest, a current rsum/cv, and contact information for five professional references. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Effective Date: Position is open until filled
For more information contact:
Cheryl Hyatt - 724-242-0476