Dean of Nursing and Allied Health Professions
The Nursing and Allied Health Professions division at Harford Community College has vibrant credit and noncredit programs and fourteen full-time faculty. Nursing and Medical Assisting are offered as credit programs and several noncredit programs, including Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician and Histologic Technician.
The Dean of Nursing and Allied Health Professions provides administrative leadership for the division by managing the health profession programs and demonstrating high-level initiative in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the College.
A master’s degree in nursing is required; a doctorate is preferred. Individuals with advanced degrees in similar disciplines may be considered.
The position requires a minimum of each of the following professional experiences:
- Three years of administrative/management experience in higher education or in the health professions.
- Three years of full-time experience working as a health care professional in a clinical setting.
- Three years of full-time college teaching experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter addressing the following requirements:
- A strong knowledge of nursing and the health professions, and of higher education
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability with assessment and curriculum development
- Experience with budgeting and grantsmanship
- Experience with accreditation
- Experience mentoring and developing personnel development.
Apply online by December 1, 2020.
HCC is an EEO/ADA employer committed to diversity in the College community.