Posting Number: SRGV4752
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Nursing
Scope of Job:
To assist in the operation of a program or multiple projects, exercising independent judgment and authority as required. Responsible for all phases of the program, including budget recommendations, program selection, staff supervision, recommendations for future planning, and innovation.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
• Supervises and manages the day to day activities and personnel of the assigned program.
• Develops and supervises the implementation of multiple projects or programs.
• Participates in budget planning and is responsible for controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for the program.
• Assists others in writing and developing proposals for funding grants.
• Coordinates the various activities of the program.
• Coordinates long and short term programs, including performing feasibility studies and estimating the cost of the program.
• Represents department in official functions.
• Reviews program records and reports of activities and recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required.
• Drafts brochures, letters, agendas, and contracts.
• May plan, develop, organize, and coordinate research and survey designs.
• Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars related to the program’s mission and goals.
• Supervises and organizes seminars, conferences, and presentations.
• Provides appropriate reports as required for the project or program.
• Provides ongoing staff development, on site demonstrations and field based experiences related to project or program.
• Conducts formal training or gives instruction regarding program policies and procedures.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from the program.
• May coordinate and oversee tutorial, counseling, teaching, and/or training activities of the program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university
• Three (3) years of experience performing closely related duties, including program planning/coordination or related experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
• Five (5) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Seven (7) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
As specified for the particular job.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Normal office or classroom or outside environment. Some travel and weekend work is required. Particular project or program may require ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training, meetings, or on site demonstrations. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift for retrieving/maintaining files and for setting up multimedia equipment. Must be able to move between buildings, offices and classrooms.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Independent decision making and problem solving ability. Must demonstrate effective project promotion skills, and, the ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with internal and external agencies and entities.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/23/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26419