Posting Number: SRGV4750
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Podiatry
Scope of Job:
To provide advanced and complex administrative support to a supervisor in a key administrative position. Responsible for many complex office decisions and administrative supervision of a medium to large size department, with minimal direction. Maintains financial data, which includes monthly budget and status reports.
Description of Duties:
• Performs administrative duties related to work of large department or large administrative unit reporting to a key administrative or executive position.
• Maintains departmental records, property inventory, personnel files, employee time records and leave balances.
• Prepares agenda for meeting, schedules meetings, records and distributes minutes of meetings.
• May assist in processing various student forms and requests for the appropriate review and approvals.
• May provide general program information and materials to students and/or direct students to the appropriate student services resources.
• May assist in coordination, planning, and/or staffing of departmental meetings and events as needed for outreach, recruitment & education.
• Processes personnel actions upon direction of the supervisor.
• Processes purchase requisitions and orders, travel requests and reimbursements.
• Develops complex records and prepares reports from a variety of materials.
• Monitors expenditures and income against the budgets, maintains accurate accounting ledgers and facilitates monthly reconciliations of accounts.
• Drafts, types and issues departmental paperwork such as travel, employment, budget, facilities and property documents, and general correspondence.
• Advises departmental employees on policies and procedures.
• Maintains a wide variety of complex academic, fiscal, personnel and administrative records and files consisting of confidential and official matters.
• Requests departmental supplies and maintains control of supplies and inventory.
• Schedules travel and meetings for departmental personnel.
• Assists in the preparation of budgets, grant requests, class schedules and other periodic reports.
• Supervises clerical staff members, including monitoring the workload, work priorities and evaluating job progress.
• Performs receptionist duties, answers telephone, takes messages, greets visitors, screens calls and visitors, and makes appointments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision by the Dean of a College, Assistant or Associate Vice President, an Executive Director or the Chief of a department with significant institutional impact and a staff of more than 25 FTE’s.
Supervises and trains assigned clerical support personnel including work study and temporary employees.
Associate degree in a related field or experience as outlined below.
Associate degree in Office Management or related field.
Four (4) years of office administrative experience. Experience may be substituted for education on a 1-on-1 basis.
Experience obtained in a higher education setting.
Knowledge of use of personal computer, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Excellent, professional office environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/23/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26414