Chairperson - Department of Marketing
Chairperson – Department of Marketing
Harrison College of Business and Computing
- Fulfill department administrative duties on a 12-month contract, with reassigned time as appropriate to be approved by the Provost, typically 6 credit hours of instruction per semester, or equivalent. Preferred course needs relate to Sales and Digital Marketing courses. Other courses in marketing are possible, such as International Marketing, Data Analytics, etc.
- Provide academic planning for interdisciplinary departmental programs
- Provide collegial leadership for faculty on the main campus and regional campuses
- Provide oversight of budget, facilities, and equipment
- Recruit, mentor, and evaluate faculty and staff
- Oversee student recruitment and retention efforts
- Supervise administrative staff
- Advocate for the resource needs of the programs, faculty, staff, and students
- Oversee undergraduate and graduate programs (including traditional, blended/hybrid, and online) including scheduling courses and special events
- Provide support for quality research by faculty in the department
- Provide department reports for various areas within the college and university
- Comply with accreditation standards
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ph.D. or DBA in Marketing (Degree must be from a university accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business --AACSB).
- Eligible for rank of Associate Professor or Full Professor
- Demonstrated record of administrative/leadership experience
- Experience with and commitment to AACSB accreditation processes and standards
- Ability to champion the range of disciplines within the department
- Demonstrated record of scholarly research
- Superior record of teaching
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration, partnerships and collegiality with a variety of stakeholders including the internal university community
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of faculty morale and enthusiasm
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multicultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through both Center for Teaching and Learning as well as Southeast Online. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended, online and HyFlex formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 1, 2021 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by January 11, 2021.
To Apply: Submit the following items online by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements
- Current curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
Information regarding the Department of Marketing may be found at: http://www.semo.edu/marketing. The Department of Marketing has 16 full-time faculty and approximately 630 undergraduate student majors. It is part of the Harrison College of Business and Computing which has accreditation with AACSB, NIBS, ABET, and NSA Designation and has approximately 1750 undergraduate students and 230 graduate students.
University facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with five colleges and schools, approximately 10,000 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,050. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 78,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cape Girardeau
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cape Girardeau
- Marketing & Sales Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cape Girardeau