Assistant Professor, Human Nutrition & Hospitality Management/Sports Hospitality, RCF
College of Human Environmental Sciences
Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Applications are now being accepted for a Renewable Contract Faculty (RCF)
Assistant Professor in Hospitality Management with a focus in Sport Hospitality.
Start date 8/16/2021
The Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management, a growing Department with a thriving faculty, seeks to fill a newly-designated faculty position in Hospitality Management with a focus in sport management/sport hospitality. The Hospitality Management program offers 4 concentrations: (1) Hotel/Lodging, (2) Food & Beverage, (3) Meetings Management, (4) Sport, Entertainment, & Event Management. The Department is one of five in the College of Human Environmental Sciences at The University of Alabama.
The University of Alabama is ranked among the top 50 public universities in the nation with a focus on research, teaching, and service, and it is one of the most beautiful college campuses in America. The University is a leader among public universities nationwide in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars and is the senior comprehensive doctoral level institution in Alabama. The University and the Department are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive learning and work environment for our students, faculty and staff.
Qualifications: Applicants should have a strong background in sport/hospitality management with the ability to teach a variety of undergraduate courses.
- PhD in Sport Management, Hospitality Management or related field is required.
- Must have completed at least 18 hours of graduate level sport, hospitality, or related courses.
- Evidence of the ability to teach at the collegiate level.
Responsibilities: Teaching, and service to articulate the mission of The University including:
- Teach courses at the undergraduate level.
- Recruit and mentor students.
- Academic advising for undergraduate students.
- Serve on Departmental, College, and University committees.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
- Complete application on-line at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu
- Applications must include the following: cover letter including a diversity statement to further The University of Alabama’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, curriculum vitae, transcript of graduate coursework, teaching philosophy (1 page), and a list of three professional references including their qualifications.
- For further information contact: Kimberly Severt at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Education Opportunity Institution
that actively seeks diversity among its employees.