Dean of Health Sciences and Homeland Security
DEAN OF HEALTH SCIENCES AND HOMELAND SECURITY
Job ID 2873
ANNOUNCEMENT: Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time administrative position of Dean of Health Sciences and Homeland Security.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, a Dean, assigned to an Instructional Division, serves as both a line and staff officer and is directly responsible to the Chief Academic Officer. An Instructional Academic Dean is responsible for providing administrative leadership and supervision for the academic disciplines within Health Sciences and Homeland Security Programs. Responsibilities encompass budgeting, course and program scheduling, faculty and staff selection, orientation and evaluation of staff and faculty, curriculum and program development, program accreditation, and overall supervision of the division. The Dean manages the activities of the assigned division within the College’s prescribed administrative, personnel, budgetary and contractual policies to ensure that quality instruction is provided to all students enrolled in the division’s programs, disciplines, and courses. Helping students learn through the effective and efficient administration and management of the assigned division is the most significant role of an Instructional Academic Dean.
- An earned Master's degree, preferably in a Health Science discipline, education, administration, or other closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Postsecondary teaching experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience as an administrator, department chair, program coordinator, supervisor, teacher, or comparable experience in education, business, or industry, with preference given to community college experience.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and quality improvement programs preferred.
- Successful experience in staffing, evaluation and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience with learning outcomes assessment systems.
- Demonstrated experience with program-level review and/or accreditation preferred.
- In career program divisions, at least one year (2,000 hours) of employment outside of education in an occupation other than teaching or counseling may also be required.
SALARY: Grade 9 on the Administrative Salary Scale, ranging from $95,674 to $114,665 per year.
WORK LOCATION: Belleville Campus with district wide responsibilities
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This position will remain open until filled.
You must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three reference and college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.
Southwestern Illinois College is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator