Concrete Industry Management, Program Director #202122FAC
The Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program in the Department of Engineering Technology at Texas State University is seeking candidates for a tenured/tenure track associate professor or professor to serve as the Program Director. The candidate selected to fill this position will be responsible for program leadership and associated administrative functions, in addition to teaching and research. This is a 12-month faculty position. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
This innovative program of study draws from the areas of construction management, business management, civil engineering, and concrete production and practice. The department also offers undergraduate degrees in construction science and management, and engineering technology, and Master of Science degrees in engineering management and construction management.
The selected candidate will serve as Program Director for the CIM program. The director is the key departmental representative to the local and national concrete industry, the CIM National Steering Committee, and CIM programs at other universities. The director’s responsibilities also include travel with students and other faculty to various professional conferences, trade shows, and student competitions at the regional and national levels. The director leads program development, manages student recruitment, engages industry partners, coordinates curriculum initiatives, conducts learning outcomes assessment, leads accreditation efforts, and provides administrative support to the department chair. The director is expected to be an excellent instructor and to teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses in the CIM program and related courses in the department. Other responsibilities include the securing of external funding, conducting and publishing research relevant to concrete industry management and appropriate for an emerging research institution, and engagement in departmental and university service activities.
- A doctoral degree in construction management, civil
engineering, or a closely related field.
• An undergraduate degree in construction management from an ACCEor ABETaccredited program, in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program, or a business-related undergraduate degree from an AACSB accredited program.
• Effective oral and written English communication.
To be considered for the rank of associate professor or professor, the candidate must meet the requirements for those ranks at Texas State University.
- Professional experience in the concrete and/or commercial construction industry;
- A record of teaching with an emphasis in hands-on, experiential, laboratory learning; and
- A sustained and extensive record of scholarly research and externally funded projects relating to concrete or construction, or management in the concrete or construction industries.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34094. To assure full consideration, submit the following before December 31, 2020: a letter of intent, resume or curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and research interests, and the contact information for three references.
Selected candidates for interview will be required to provide transcripts from all degree granting universities.
Texas State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive
thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals
from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share
our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our
diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Engineering Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Marcos