Assistant/Associate Professor in Human Nutrition
College of Human Environmental Sciences
Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Applications are now being accepted for an
ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR in Human Nutrition
9-MONTH TENURE TRACK – Start date 8/16/2021
The Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management, a growing Department with a thriving faculty, seeks to fill a newly-designated faculty position in Human Nutrition. The Department is one of five in the College of Human Environmental Sciences at The University of Alabama. We offer an undergraduate degree in Food and Nutrition, a Coordinated Program in Dietetics, and a Didactic Program in Dietetics. Additionally, the Department offers a MS and PhD in Human Nutrition.
The University of Alabama is ranked among the top 50 public universities in the nation with a focus on research, teaching, and service, and it is one of the most beautiful college campuses in America. The University is a leader among public universities nationwide in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars and is the senior comprehensive doctoral level institution in Alabama. The University and the Department are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive learning and work environment for our students, faculty and staff.
Qualifications: Applicants should have a strong background in human nutrition with the ability to establish and sustain a research agenda in the area of nutrition, preferably in the areas of pediatric, maternal/child/adolescent, or community.
- PhD or DrPH required.
- Registered Dietitian required.
- Must have completed at least 18 hours of graduate level nutrition courses.
- Evidence of the ability to teach at the collegiate level.
- Evidence of the potential to establish a related research program.
Responsibilities: Teaching, research, and service to articulate the mission of the University including:
- Teach courses as needed at the undergraduate, MS, and PhD level.
- Establish an active, focused research program in the area of human nutrition.
- Produce a record of scholarly activity in human nutrition.
- Recruit, mentor, and advise students.
- Participate on thesis and dissertation committees.
- Obtain external funding to support a nationally competitive research program.
- Serve on Department, College, and University committees.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2021
- Complete application on-line at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu
- Applications must include the following: cover letter including a diversity statement to further The University of Alabama’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, curriculum vitae, transcript of graduate coursework, research statement incorporating a clear research trajectory, teaching philosophy (1 page), and three professional references including their qualifications and relationship to the applicant.
- For further information contact: Dr. Kristi Crowe-White firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for the position of Associate Professor, the candidate must have attained tenure at a comparable University and be evaluated by the College of Human Environmental Sciences Tenure and Promotion Committee
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Education Opportunity Institution
that actively seeks diversity among its employees.